My hurt chicken

seinfeld

Hatching
Jul 20, 2016
My chicken got picked up as a toy by neighbors dog for about 5 minutes. She had no visa leg wounds. It has been 3 days since her attack. Day one she was held Ian's wrapped in blanket and kept in box in garage. Day two she began to eat and drink water and slightly flap wings. She went back to hen house later in day nd she flew from ladder to ground not a far drop. She was put on roost last night because she can't get up and had to bring her down in morning. She sits in coop. She eats and drinks when we give her some. Any thoughts? Maybe just soar!

welcome-byc.gif
Give her time. As long as she is eating and drinking and the flock is not picking on her she should be okay. Make sure there are no wounds that flies might lay eggs in.

About the same. She eats and drinks. Pooped twice this morning which was running. She is segregated inher own outside area. She walks a little but mostly just stands in one spot. I m just going to watch her. Thanks for asking about her!

I need some help. So my chicken was attacked by something and is miss one of her eyes. So we brought her home and not sure what to do. We put her in a warm area in a box with food and water. She doesn't seem like she is drinking any of the water but she has ate some. Also her poop is yellow and runny. Can some one give me so advice on what to do I am really scared she won't make it long expect my because she isn't drinking. Please help me out.

My 12 week old Buff Orpington rooster was attacked by my other rooster and the back part of his comb is detached. He was shaking his head and making weird noises and I'm worried about blood flow in his comb. Any advice?

I need some help. So my chicken was attacked by something and is miss one of her eyes. So we brought her home and not sure what to do. We put her in a warm area in a box with food and water. She doesn't seem like she is drinking any of the water but she has ate some. Also her poop is yellow and runny. Can some one give me so advice on what to do I am really scared she won't make it long expect my because she isn't drinking. Please help me out.

So I'm new to the whole chicken thing, but I would assume that the runny yellow poop is not from the eye injury... Is it possible that there is something else going on?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom