My Husband Built Me A Smoker!!!

Quote:
Oh come on... I'm sure we can figure some way to rent (pimp) your hubby out for a few weeks at a time. BYC forum members can be gentle at times.

Where is that picture of the smoker?

Katy : Wow !!!!!! fantastic job for sure................... that goose looks very very good you done great Katy. BTW I have some great smoked meat recipes in my bag of tricks LOL glad to share them with my favorite meat bird Gal.

AL

It will look better once he paints it, looks like he might be getting ready to.

Al - I would love some recipes the first goose was a little too smokey . . .

well, I told him what you guys said borrowing him; he's really shy, doesn't talk much, and when he does it's real slow and with a Wisconsin accent, and usually under his breath as he's walking away, so he says " ahh . . . chuckle, ahh nooo . . . (as he walks away looking at a tool in his hand) I don't want to be shared . . . I just like to be used . . . chuckle

19992_smoker_001.jpg

19992_smoker_002.jpg

it's a really old fridgidair (sp?), it has a temp setting on the front above the door, so I am guessing an old metal refrigerator as opposed to Ice box.

I'll tell him, but he's going to be out there staring at his cars and wondering about it all day now, he'll be afraid to come in my computer room for a week. lol

Quote:
I like the look , kinda retro with the legs and rounded top .
That goose looks great , and I'm not sure I could ever find anything too smokey LOL .

lol, not kinda retro this thing really is old. I can't wait to see it black with the silver hinges and he says he's going to try to find an original latch.

That's what I thought too, but I used hickory and it pretty much hid the flavor of the goose, I'm going to try applewood on the next one.

Quote:
Do you have mulberry growing in your area ; generally considered a nuisence tree but great wood for smoking when freshly cut . [ I guess your smoker uses chips though ? ]

Back
Top Bottom