My Husband can not make a project "Simple"....

Wooden_Pony

Songster
12 Years
Aug 9, 2007
Mushroom Mardi Gras Land, CA
but boy do I LOVE him!!!
love.gif

I asked for a simple coop he built my girl's the cutest coop. I asked him Sunday morning for help on my latest great idea, well I got his help. Acutally, he took over the project.

I want to use my dog's old puppy play yard as a brooder for my collection of chicks. That way they can move out of the plastic storage container that is inside and and they can move out into the garage into the puppy play yard.

My problem I need a top for the play yard to keep my cat honest.
wink.png

This is the top he made for me....

resizedbrooder.jpg

brooder2resized.jpg

brooder3resized.jpg

He even cut some plexi glass to make walls to keep the drafts off of the chicks!
brooder4resized.jpg

Here are some of the happy occupants of the new brooder...

BantyChickMom, here are a few pictures of your Grandchicks
big_smile.png
THe one in between the two black ones is one of yours. The blurry one in the left coner is yours as well.
Chicks1.jpg

Here is a better picture of him. We call him Tiny Tim. The blue cochin behind him is Petunia.
chicks2.jpg

This is Spencer a cochin I am not sure about his coloring someone said he looked like a Lilac (Lavender)?
hu.gif
I know other breeds come in those colors but not sure about cochins.
chicks3.jpg

Tiny Tim again BantyChickMom.
chicks4.jpg

Here are Tiny Tim (the blurry one) Zeboo (black and white one), Speck (black one), Sabrina (BantyChickMom's Grandchick), and Cori (the splash)
chicks5.jpg

He sure made a fine job of the brooder. The cochins do come in a lavender shade, we call them pekins in England.I am incubating some as I speak. Joy

Last edited:
Quote:
Joy, First off thank you! Secondly, I would be REALLY interested in seeing your chicks coloring!

I am stumped on Spencer's and Sunny's, another cochin chick's coloring.

Thank you cokckadoodlemom Buster and Yogiman.

Miss I will have him on the next flight to VA for you
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Excellent!!!......My Dear Hubby just did almost the same exact thing last week for my brahma chicks I'm getting ready to take out to the garage...

We have a huge wooden box ( 3 x 5) his grandmother had with a wooden lid...I told him it would make a nice garage brooder if it had a cat proof wire lid at the top, so he made me one!!.. Gotta love those guys!!....

Quote:
Yes you do Tuffoldhen!!

I was not expecting anything like this I just figured a simple frame and some wire stapled to it LOL !! He always goes over the top when he builds something. At least I know I will get something that lasts though
tongue.png

Oh yes, and he did tell me I should put a coat of paint on it. That way it will last longer since he says he knows I will be hatching more eggs and need the top for longer then this season. Boy, does he know what is going on in this house?

I was beginning to think he never listens LOL!!!!!!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom