My husband has goat fever

angelavl

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Western Washington
Hi there,
I finally convinced my husband to let me have a flock of chickens and now he has decided we might as well get some little goats. I guess we are going all out on the hobby farm front. He's found a small local farm who has nigerian dwarf wethers for sale. The goal is to set up a cattle panel pen for these little guys and let them munch down the brush at the back of our property for the summer. Then we can build out a more permanent fencing situation. He's thinking we'll use electric netting to fence off safe grazing areas. We are not interested (at least at this point) in milking, and I doubt we would ever consider breeding. We just want them for pets and to help us maintain our property.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for books or online forums (like BYC) that you think we would enjoy. Of course, any of you who already have goats, I'd love a few tips to tuck away as we move forward with this venture. Thanks!

HI goats are amazing. we have nubians, lamanchas, and nigerian dwarfs

we love all our goats, but one thing that we have learned is to always keep baking soda available.

ours like 2nd crop alfalfa hay, and we only feed grain as a treat, or suppliment when they are really young or they are in milk

have fun!

Thanks, I'll make sure to get DH some more baking soda and that t-shirt for his upcoming birthday! I'll head on over to BYH and take a look. I'll see you on the other side!

Now, you DH is NOT addicted to goats. he simply has GAS, an incurable disease that so far, only known treatment is goat breath.

For more info, please click this link http://www.cafepress.com/mygasgear Very helpful !

Thanks, I'll make sure to get DH some more baking soda and that t-shirt for his upcoming birthday! I'll head on over to BYH and take a look. I'll see you on the other side!

yuckyuck.gif

We'd definitely love to have you over on BYH!

DO YOU HAVE A GUINEA IN YOUR AVVIE??

Wow ELeVan, your meaner then i am... (posting yummy pics of fudge, caramel, and chocolate on RTG journal is what i did mean)

I want some more so bad!!

Yeah, that's a royal purple guinea keet. I just set 25 guinea eggs under a couple of broody hens the other night. I don't have any idea what I'll do with that many guinea keets though!

Back
Top Bottom