My Husband is an Enabler who Deserves a Gold Medal.

I love hearing these stories. My dh is the greatest too. He always acts like I am crazy but goes along and get involved. He also is willing to do anything to help with them. I love him so much.

We are lucky people!
big_smile.png

That's wonderful! I'd like to have a chicken habit, but DH is being a dream-crusher at the moment.

You know, one of the reasons I married my hubby is that he's so grounded. When I go off on a wild tangent, he calms me down and slowly reels me back to something like reality.

Same here as well as other reasons.

I told him I wanted chickens...he said okay....SIX. We got the 6 and he really liked them and was impressed that I took such good care of them, had no losses and so forth.

We decided to move to a larger property and enter a lease to own on the place...he said I could have more chickens. We talked and he agreed to me ordering 15 more. I could not make up my mind on what I wanted that fit in that number so I ordered 21 more. He said "okay sweetie".

Just this past Saturday and friend who is going to help me build my coop and run at the new place caught up with us and said..."Hey I got adeal for you...I will build your coop and run, buy food and you can raise 5 RIRs or BAs for me and I get the eggs"....I said okay. On the way home that day we stop in the feed store and DH is standing there as I look in and see 5 BA girlies not spoken for and say "Hey I found William's girls look". DH said...those are really cute girls. Go ahead sweetie...get them.
big_smile.png

So now I have 6 10 week olds living in my 6' hot tub frame....5 one week olds in the brooder and 21 new ones due to hatch on 7/21 coming from Meyer. He has said that my max number is 40. hehehehe that means if all survive shipping in July I will have 32 so I can get 8 more.
gig.gif
And he is already letting me talk to him about raising meat birds next year.

My DH would deny me nothing if there is anyway he can get it for me or let me have it....he is even better when he sees a "benefit" in it such as the eggs, the meat, etc.

Couldn't ask for a better one.

BTW my girls are having a Castle built for them by William. He is a character so we will see what we end up with in July.​

Well, it looks official!!!! We all have the best hubbies in the world!!!! I know mine is PERFECT!!! He married me, adopted my (then) two oldest sons (now OURS), and is totally supportive of my animal habits. Sometimes I know he doesn't understand but he is so good he never complains. I got a "WOW hon, those two eggs (our fiirst two) only cost about $750 each" out of him once.
smile.png
He turned out the lights in the snake cages once when I was feeling bad and turned in early (and he is terrified of snakes). Now he is getting super excited because he gets to experience new baby chicks for the first time soon (military and doesn't currently live with us). I gotta tell the cutest thing he has said yet, though. Last Summer I was raising orphaned opossums. I called them the monkeys a lot, but aparently not to him.
smile.png
One night I said "well, gotta feed the monkeys in a bit". He got really quiet for a few seconds then said "I KNOW I didn't know we have monkeys". I just about died laughing.

thumbsup.gif
There is a big thumbs up for all the awesome BYC husbands out there.

when I told my hubby I was going to get hens for eggs and I had to build a coop and run he said " I'm not gonna have anything to do with your hair brain idea" and claimed he wasnt gonna do any work for my chickens. He knows theres no way I'm handy enough to build a coop. Well for 2-3 weeks I looked for hens that were already laying and during that time he would ask did you find any? Did you check craigslist ect. well I found some and went and bought them and put them all in the fenced part of the yard where the dogs are suppose to be. When he got home from work he started putting up stockade fence to make an area for them and dragged big doghouse from otherside of the yard for temporary house.
big_smile.png
. I converted cellar entrance into a room myself the next day(but they choose the dog house) he loves the chickens and going to fetch the eggs. Then this weekend I said I want turkeys he was ready to go get em lol but we didnt find any. Maybe in 3 weeks if they hatch. Hubby will have to help build a new pen. He says there is no way hes going to slaughter anything but thats ok I know how.

welcome-byc.gif
Coop-A-Kick
frow.gif

freshegg....I heard that crap too....

"They are YOUR chickens...I will not mess with them except to help you move them or keep an eye on them while you are cleaning their containment facility"

lau.gif

I caught him in there talking to the girls, picking them up and making cluck cluck noises to them and as soon as I walked in the room it changed to

"Good Morning soon to be sandwich"
gig.gif

luvmychicknkids: I know what you mean about those fathers that step up to the plate. Mine did too. If you tried to convince him or my DD that they were step-father and step-daughter you would be in for a fight. Bless his heart he is only 10 years older than my son so they are more like buddies at ages 34 and 24.

Hello, Cetawin!
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, good grief. They act so uniformly put upon that it must be some part of boy training to learn how to deliver lines like those. They aren't fooling anyone!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom