My Incubator ( first topic )

Incubator

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Hi

im new to this forum and im making an incubator ..

the problem is i don't know what kind of thermostats should i use ??

some people used an water heater thermostat that cost 8$ and some used an expensive thermostat

whats the difference bettween them ? does the water heater thermostat work fine ?

and sorry for my bad english ( im arabian )

and im sorry if this question is asked before ..

waiting for your answers and waiting for you to accept me as a friend of yours
roll.png
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
I haven't built one, but there are a lot of builders on here. Have you tried to search for building homemade incubators?

Mine all have the wafer and work just fine. I don't think the water heater ones work that well. They are harder to work with. I would go with the wafer. Electronic ones are better but they are costly.

Thanks for answering me
smile.png

i searched and entered over 100 sites with how to make an incubator
i know how to make one but as i said im having problems deciding wich kind of thermostat to use
and you answered me to use an wafer thermostat , thanks ..
waiting for other opinions
hmm.png

welcome-byc.gif
This place rocksss..... I agree I have heard the wafers work better and seem to be more accurate... That is what I will be using...

thank you guys . i think i will be using an wafer thermostat
but the problem is i live in an arab country .. arabs ar stupid !!
they dont have any kind of thermostats . i think im going to use ebay !
imagine that i went to 10 different electronic fixing shops who fix water heater asking for a thermostat .. and no one even seem understanding what i want !! **** !
i feel like im the smartest arabian
lol.png
!

A wafer thermostat is the simplest to use. If you can get one do it. If not a water heater thermostat works. You just need to understand that placement is important. You need the thermostat really close to the light bulb. You set the thermostat to come on at around 99*F then (after it warms up) move the thermostat closer an closer to the bulb till it kicks off at the temp you want.(about 101*F)

thank you for your comment .. but the correct place is in front of the fan ..
because there is 2 kinds of heat .. i know their name in arabic but im going to discribe them
first :
a heat that is from the light .. like the heat from the sun .. can pass throgh glass
second :
is heat carried by air .. and it cant go throgh glass

the thermostat most be placed near the second kind of heat

____

off topic :

and this kind of heat that cause global warming .. because the first kind of heat ( sun light ) pass through the atmosphere and turn into the second kind and cant pass out ..
sorry for my bad english again
big_smile.png

Last edited:
but it will make a false temp .. because it will take the two kinds of heat and the eggs will take one kind .. but if you are going to put an thermometer near the eggs and figure out the correct tempreture you will be fine .. thanks a lot guys .. you gave me a lot of information .. and if any buddy wants to add more info ill be gratefull

Ha-Ha!
big_smile.png
wink.png

YOU must be a VERY SMART Arab, I went to school (college) with an Arab with the last name of Alireza, who was quite intelligent! He was for some time (later) an Ambassador to Egypt and also very heavily involved in International Commerce.

Ha-Ha..IF you are smarter than HIM, You are SMART!!
lol.png

(Just having a little bit of FUN! No Offense Intended!)
frow.gif

The "wafer-thermostats work good when adjusted correctly and then "left-lone". The water-heater thermostats work good too (from what I've seen here on BYC), but might take a little more adjustment to function correctly.

IF you take your temperature AT THE EGG, and put the thermostat nearer the heat source, your thermostat will "cycle" on and off more often, yet your temperature AT THE EGG will fluctuate LESS.

just one more opinion.........

WELCOME to "Backyard Chickens" !!!
clap.gif

I'm sure you will build a FINE INCUBATOR!
thumbsup.gif

just my 2 pennies worth,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom