My Indian Runner need help

lynepie

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2015
The Runner hen that got attacked by a dog now has bright green poop. What causes this? I have her in the house, the wounds look like they are healing. I let her take a bath today. She keeps her head pulled down all the time, I don't know if that is just because she is still stressed from the attack and being away from her flock or what.
I am giving her fresh water with garlic in it, crumbles, tomato, apple, meal worms. I tried warm peas, but she wanted none of that. Everything is cut very fine. She really just wants the meal worms. Should I still be putting vitamins and electrolytes in her water?

@lynepie I had a dog attack one of my ducks last year and I also kept him in the house until he healed. His poop is probably green from the different foods you are feeding him and the stress. The sooner he gets better and back with the flock the better. Just be sure he doesn't have any open wounds when reintroduced to the flock because that could turn bad quick. Good luck!

Duck Duck the hen is back in the coop, she is in a pen away from Big Daddy and the other hens for a couple days. So far it looks like everyone remembers each other. I will look at her wounds again on Thursday, but I think she will be able to handle being back in the flock. Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom