my insane coop building

Flockincrazy

Crowing
May 23, 2020
Elyria, Ohio
so my hubby said that I'm out of control with building everything myself but I love to build i have been revitalizing my coop it needed a makeover bad so I rebuilt the door, nestboxes and new wire on the run I am building a quail pen when they hatch it will be my first time having quail I am getting my daughter bunnies for breeding she is going into 4h this yr so I'm building a double ended rabbit hutch so I can separate the bucks and does so i don't get overrun with bunnies lol and instead of spending $300. On a new greenhouse I'm going to build one out of old windows that I got from fb market place he is worried that I'm gonna hurt myself i have lupus and I wear out fast but I'm having fun and my kids help me as much as they can. Am I crazy for doing this? Oh in the end it will look something like this just the coop

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1588468976837.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588468976837.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
You might be crazy, but you are DEFINITELY awesome!!!:highfive: I too love building things, especially scavenging and up cycling materials! One of the reasons it is so fun building for animals, they don't care what it looks like'1 Lets us get our creative juices flowing. Here's a guinea coop I built from pallets and 2x4s!
20200513_173745.jpg

Keep it up girl! Nice nest boxes. Looking forward to some more pics.

You might be crazy, but you are DEFINITELY awesome!!!:highfive: I too love building things, especially scavenging and up cycling materials! One of the reasons it is so fun building for animals, they don't care what it looks like'1 Lets us get our creative juices flowing. Here's a guinea coop I built from pallets and 2x4s!View attachment 2174375
Keep it up girl! Nice nest boxes. Looking forward to some more pics.
Thanks and that is awesome I love upcycling too they were made from pallets and plywood I cut it all myself made the plans and did the measurements

so my hubby said that I'm out of control with building everything myself but I love to build ... Am I crazy for doing this? Oh in the end it will look something like this just the coop

My husband says that he's the crazy one to complain that you're building it yourself instead of making him do it.

😉😆

I'd do some of my building myself except that my hands are too small and my arthritic wrists too weak to control the hand-held power tools (DH did recently buy a lighter drill that I can use).

(I'm sure I could learn bricklaying because I can lay tile and did a small dry-stone wall once, but the chances of a coop's worth of brick magically appearing on my property are remote).

My husband says that he's the crazy one to complain that you're building it yourself instead of making him do it.

😉😆

I'd do some of my building myself except that my hands are too small and my arthritic wrists too weak to control the hand-held power tools (DH did recently buy a lighter drill that I can use).

(I'm sure I could learn bricklaying because I can lay tile and did a small dry-stone wall once, but the chances of a coop's worth of brick magically appearing on my property are remote).
Ya I wear braces when I work i have arthritis in my hands and wrists. I asked him why he is whining im upcycling the wood and he just sits in his chair drinking beer telling me what to do lol

That's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!
so my hubby said that I'm out of control with building everything myself but I love to build i have been revitalizing my coop it needed a makeover bad so I rebuilt the door, nestboxes and new wire on the run I am building a quail pen when they hatch it will be my first time having quail I am getting my daughter bunnies for breeding she is going into 4h this yr so I'm building a double ended rabbit hutch so I can separate the bucks and does so i don't get overrun with bunnies lol and instead of spending $300. On a new greenhouse I'm going to build one out of old windows that I got from fb market place he is worried that I'm gonna hurt myself i have lupus and I wear out fast but I'm having fun and my kids help me as much as they can. Am I crazy for doing this? Oh in the end it will look something like this just the coop

Back
Top Bottom