my introduction :)

20180919_194806.jpg
20180919_182321.jpg

thank you for the warm greetings! this is my questionable bird, has some iridescent green sheen on neck and tail.

Hello and welcome to BYC:frow. How old is your malinois? We just got ours and its 2.5 months old. I used to work with working dogs and used to supervise k9 units. It was a challenge at first to get her to not lunge at our hens. Our hens free range on our small farm so there is chicken poo all over and trying to break a pup from wanting to eat those :rant treats has been tough.
my malinois is almost six months, i gave up on trying to get her to stop eating the chicken poo, i guess better the poo than the chickens, lol. she's a wonderful, smart dog and very sweet around the chicks. her only vice is cheating up everything :/

Try a small bottle sprayer with a mixture of lemon water, if she goes to chew on something you dont want her to spray her in face as saying no. It won't hurt her and works till they get past chew stage
well, she hides when she does it. her and my shepherd are outside dogs that i actually got to protect my chicks. where she finds things to chew is beyond me. are nearest neighbor is almost 2 miles away, and she's never far away. she comes running as soon as i call her, so she's not stealing from the neighbors. but she drags up shoes, trash, just about anything imaginable.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom