My introduction!

You really are taking on a lot. What a great help you are to your sick relative!!! Any time you just need a little insanity to balance your day, come on in to BYC. There's always something going on!!! (Oh...did I say insanity...I meant sanity...really I did.)
Thank you so much!

She doesn’t quite get while I’m so into the chickens, but it’s kept me sane out here as I go through her paperwork and do other farm chores/chores where she has to stand...sometimes I’ll find some time to clean, but haven’t found time to organize yet.

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

So sorry about your losses :hugs:hugs
Thank you for the warm welcome! I’m at least glad I didn’t meet everyone before the incidents occurred, but it was sad to see that speckled booted bantam go...especially when I cleaned up 1/2 her wing and a claw where she tried to hide and was bleaching down the maggot situation.
A lot of it has just been me trying to do some common sense things, but the small tips like getting them all into the indoor roost was great!! So happy to find a place where people are into BYCs as I learn to help take care of them.

You really are taking on a lot. What a great help you are to your sick relative!!! Any time you just need a little insanity to balance your day, come on in to BYC. There's always something going on!!! (Oh...did I say insanity...I meant sanity...really I did.)
You had it right the first time, "insanity" Chickens make me crazy too! Love crazy:love:hugs:bun:celebrate

Oh, I’ve totally lost track but here is my dear Margaret who adopted 5 chicks from the store. It’s her first night out of the tub in my bathroom with the chicks so I’m a little nervous! The rooster liked the baby chicks, and one of them had the spunk to peck him!

I picked up the other bantam and snuggled her, groomed under her eyes a little bit, and put some Lavender essential oil under her wings to calm her. She also laid her first two eggs!

pics of Margaret (speckled), the chicks, and Elizabeth’s (orange) first two eggs!
View attachment 1987832
^ Margaret :)

227A24F1-5397-4867-BB06-4AB171355C03.jpeg

^ Elizabeth’s first eggs (unfertilized)

Attachments

• 67B2705D-472B-4092-9E09-96A2EE9646CE.jpeg
    67B2705D-472B-4092-9E09-96A2EE9646CE.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom