My Introduction!

SLD2

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2021
Hey yall! My name is Stephani and I'm a new-ish chicken mama. I have wanted chickens for years and years but never took the plunge and this year I DID IT! I started off with a few chicks from the feed store, and then a neighbor was getting out of owning chickens so they sold me theirs, and finally I impulse bought a "surprise" box from a hatchery and that has been tons of fun.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am a new chicken owner, I have had chickens for roughly 6 months.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I have (12) chickens, (26) chicks in the brooder, and (2) Turkey in the brooder.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have several different breeds. I have some Blue Langshan, a Lavender Orphington, a Buff Silkie and a whole mystery box to figure out.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
of course the eggs are a bonus but I love watching them interact with each other. They are so quirky!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Plant keeping, gardening, swimming.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a family of 8 from South Texas. I have 2 dogs, a Great Pyrenees and a Pomeranian. I am a receptionist with the local school district.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC googling some info on chickens and decided to join because it seems like a good place to give/get advice.

Hey yall! My name is Stephani and I'm a new-ish chicken mama. I have wanted chickens for years and years but never took the plunge and this year I DID IT! I started off with a few chicks from the feed store, and then a neighbor was getting out of owning chickens so they sold me theirs, and finally I impulse bought a "surprise" box from a hatchery and that has been tons of fun.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am a new chicken owner, I have had chickens for roughly 6 months.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I have (12) chickens, (26) chicks in the brooder, and (2) Turkey in the brooder.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have several different breeds. I have some Blue Langshan, a Lavender Orphington, a Buff Silkie and a whole mystery box to figure out.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
of course the eggs are a bonus but I love watching them interact with each other. They are so quirky!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Plant keeping, gardening, swimming.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a family of 8 from South Texas. I have 2 dogs, a Great Pyrenees and a Pomeranian. I am a receptionist with the local school district.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC googling some info on chickens and decided to join because it seems like
Hi,
Welcome to this awesome place :ya
I’m excited for your mystery box ! Also I’ve always wanted a lavender Orpington, they look so regal.
😉

Back
Top Bottom