My keet died!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dixiechick, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered two keets (one for each of my children) to raise with our new chicks....DH came home checked on the babies--all was well---and WHAM! I come home 3 hours later, and one of our "precious" is dead!! [​IMG]

The keets are the two lavender (silver and buff) babies!
    [​IMG]

2. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    So sorry. I'm having an awful time with keets myself. Lost half with the first order from one hatchery and so far lost a 3rd with another.

Check to make sure they don't have pasty butt, wash them off with warm water and dry them if they do. Are there vitamins in the water? They also like a higher protein feed than chicks. My chicks have 19% I just found some 24% for my keets.

Your photo shows more than 2 keets. Do the others belong to someone else?

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    so sorry [​IMG]

4. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you were closer to me, I would cut you a smokin deal on the 5 healthy ones that I have. I got them about 8 weeks ago, and I just am not going to be able to intergrate them into my coop with my chickens. I have a runt that tried to die, and I ended up having to move them to a bigger pen with more light and heat, so that could be part of your issue. Those things are like lizards, they need heat and light like nobodies business.

5. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

so so sorry

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am sorry for the loss of the kids keet. Wishing you the best with the remaining keet and chicks.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by