My khaki camble duck is acting weird plz help

Jessem27

Hatching
Apr 17, 2021
My male khaki camble duck that I hatched and raised is 6 years old hes always followed me kissed me loved me but now hes always hiding under the porch and running from everyone can some help me find out why I'm very worried

:welcome If this is not normal behavior, you need to pick him up and do a complete examine. Place him where you can observe how much he is eating and drinking and get some good pictures of his poop, you can tell a lot about a duck by their poop. Hows his feathers look, also if you have a scale step on get your weight then pick up your duck and get on that way you can subtract the 2 and get his weight.. Do you have other ducks? What are you feeding him? treats too. For him to do a complete turn around in behavior something is definitely wrong, Hopefully we can help you figure it out. Oh and eyes any discharge? Pictures
of him will be a help too. Please explain where you keep him.

Sounds like he’s predator weary something must have scared him mine do the same thing when the eagles and hawkers are around.
I thought predator too, but OP needs to explain more about this change in behavior, how long has he been like this for one.

:welcome If this is not normal behavior, you need to pick him up and do a complete examine. Place him where you can observe how much he is eating and drinking and get some good pictures of his poop, you can tell a lot about a duck by their poop. Hows his feathers look, also if you have a scale step on get your weight then pick up your duck and get on that way you can subtract the 2 and get his weight.. Do you have other ducks? What are you feeding him? treats too. For him to do a complete turn around in behavior something is definitely wrong, Hopefully we can help you figure it out. Oh and eyes any discharge? Pictures
of him will be a help too. Please explain where you he usually sleeps in this gated arr in the back yard but we let him put in the yard during the day I have another one to they usually walk back to there area at night my other duck is topl acting fine but the khaki camble doesnt even try to go back to the area where they usually sleep he also looks thinner

He looks a little thinner I have another duck hes still acting normal around him just not people

of him will be a help too. Please explain where you keep him.
His poop looks liquidy

Back
Top Bottom