1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Ladies and Gents are OKAY or NOT! Please help and Read the thread!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by princewahaj, Sep 22, 2013.

1. princewahaj

princewahaj Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    Hello Folks,

I want to know something about my ladies and gents chickens, I just bought three chickens in which there are 2 hens and 1 rooster, but they are little! Here is the picture!

[​IMG]

After a week, they all are taking breath from their mouth or something like that which i don't know but everything is fine with their activities, and it is what i want to know, Are my ladies and gents okay?

Here is the related picture i got from google after searching!

[​IMG]

This one is taken from BYC Home Page!
    [​IMG]

Please reply on this thread asap if you know the answer or have any suggestion,

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Mouth breathing with wings askew is generally nothing more than a method of reducing body temperature. If accompanied by sneezing and nasal discharge they may be suffering a respiratory infection - picture does not indicate that this is a problem. By the way picture is of two cockerels and one pullet.

3. princewahaj

Aug 17, 2012
    Hello sourland,

Thank you very much for your answer, I am really thankful to you for this act!

Yes, there is no sneezing and nasal discharge problem so that means, my birds are safe, anyways, Can you explain COCKEREL? What does its means?

Thank you!

4. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A cockerel is a young rooster.

5. princewahaj

Aug 17, 2012
    But, I have 1 young rooster and 2 hens mate! You said, "2 cockerels". Brown is girl and the one who is eating is also a girl, Only one, who is watching to your side[​IMG] is a Rooster.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. MEMama3

MEMama3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Vacation Land; Maine
    have the two girls laid, because I have to agree that you appear to have two males there.

7. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry, but everything about the two white birds says 'MALE'.

8. MEMama3

MEMama3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Vacation Land; Maine
    In regards to the breathing, unless there are other symptoms, it's perfectly normal.

9. princewahaj

Aug 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Who says there are two roosters?, Only the one who is in center is rooster and in right and left side, both girls.

10. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    OK [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by