My Ladies and Gents are OKAY or NOT! Please help and Read the thread!

princewahaj

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Hello Folks,

I want to know something about my ladies and gents chickens, I just bought three chickens in which there are 2 hens and 1 rooster, but they are little! Here is the picture!

After a week, they all are taking breath from their mouth or something like that which i don't know but everything is fine with their activities, and it is what i want to know, Are my ladies and gents okay?

Here is the related picture i got from google after searching!

This one is taken from BYC Home Page!

Please reply on this thread asap if you know the answer or have any suggestion,

Last edited:
Mouth breathing with wings askew is generally nothing more than a method of reducing body temperature. If accompanied by sneezing and nasal discharge they may be suffering a respiratory infection - picture does not indicate that this is a problem. By the way picture is of two cockerels and one pullet.

Mouth breathing with wings askew is generally nothing more than a method of reducing body temperature. If accompanied by sneezing and nasal discharge they may be suffering a respiratory infection - picture does not indicate that this is a problem. By the way picture is of two cockerels and one pullet.

Hello sourland,

Thank you very much for your answer, I am really thankful to you for this act!

Yes, there is no sneezing and nasal discharge problem so that means, my birds are safe, anyways, Can you explain COCKEREL? What does its means?

Thank you!

A cockerel is a young rooster.

But, I have 1 young rooster and 2 hens mate! You said, "2 cockerels". Brown is girl and the one who is eating is also a girl, Only one, who is watching to your side
wink.png
is a Rooster.

Last edited:

Who says there are two roosters?, Only the one who is in center is rooster and in right and left side, both girls.

Back
Top Bottom