My lame introduction.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Dreamthief, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Dreamthief

Dreamthief New Egg

Apr 21, 2008
    Frankfort, KY
    I am 32, live in the good ole state of ken-freakin-tucky and have lived here now going on 8 years. Moved here from Arizona where I was born and raised (100% city man).

I am a software engineer and am currently a state employee. I have been with the state for 8 months now. Before the state worked with EDS on the Medicaid project for 2 years and before EDS worked with Unisys again with the Medicaid project for 7 years.

I am married (second time) for 5 months been together for 4 years now and have 3 lovely children and one more on the way (due in June). My wife is from KY originally and is a domestic engineer and carries the title proudly. She is the best wife/mother a man could dream of.

We are in the slow process of moving to a new home with 69+ achres. I would eventually like to get the land survivable with out the need of Government. Energy, food, water, etc..

Being a city boy I'm not to sure on the farming, cattle, chickens, goats, horses, aspect but being a lover of the outdoors and an avid hunter I have the know how when it comes to woods, hunting and survival. etc...

So, I figured I would start small and see how things worked out. And thats how I found this place. Trying to figure and design a coop to build, decide how many chickens, should I only get hens, or should I go with a rooster and if I get a rooster will the early morning cok-a-doodle-doos get on my nervous which would mean he would be the first one on the dinner table.

So far I have read a lot here at this site, and will continue. There is a lot of good information.

So, anyhow, HELLO ALL!!!

2. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Hi and [​IMG]

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    G'day and welcome. This site is definately a wealth of info.
    Where in Ky? I spent 10 years in Louisville. My hubby is from Central Kentucky and all his family still live there.

Sharon [​IMG]

4. Dreamthief

Dreamthief New Egg

Apr 21, 2008
    Frankfort, KY
    Currently in Frankfort KY. We are moving to Owenton ( about 32 miles north west of frankfort).

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Hello! Sounds like you have a lot to do, but will be so very happy in the end [​IMG] Is our dream to someday have a self-sustainable life. The "modern" life is far over-rated [​IMG]

Welcome [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome to BYC!

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    My Brother in Law lives in Frankfort. But I have to say that the week I once spent in Arizona I could move there in a heart beat!

8. Flyman39

Flyman39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    You came to the right place!

9. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Greetings from a fellow Thief! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC - you will love it here - I do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by