My lame introduction.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Dreamthief, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Hatching

Apr 21, 2008
    Frankfort, KY
    I am 32, live in the good ole state of ken-freakin-tucky and have lived here now going on 8 years. Moved here from Arizona where I was born and raised (100% city man).

I am a software engineer and am currently a state employee. I have been with the state for 8 months now. Before the state worked with EDS on the Medicaid project for 2 years and before EDS worked with Unisys again with the Medicaid project for 7 years.

I am married (second time) for 5 months been together for 4 years now and have 3 lovely children and one more on the way (due in June). My wife is from KY originally and is a domestic engineer and carries the title proudly. She is the best wife/mother a man could dream of.

We are in the slow process of moving to a new home with 69+ achres. I would eventually like to get the land survivable with out the need of Government. Energy, food, water, etc..

Being a city boy I'm not to sure on the farming, cattle, chickens, goats, horses, aspect but being a lover of the outdoors and an avid hunter I have the know how when it comes to woods, hunting and survival. etc...

So, I figured I would start small and see how things worked out. And thats how I found this place. Trying to figure and design a coop to build, decide how many chickens, should I only get hens, or should I go with a rooster and if I get a rooster will the early morning cok-a-doodle-doos get on my nervous which would mean he would be the first one on the dinner table.

So far I have read a lot here at this site, and will continue. There is a lot of good information.

So, anyhow, HELLO ALL!!!

2. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Songster

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Hi and [​IMG]

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    G'day and welcome. This site is definately a wealth of info.
    Where in Ky? I spent 10 years in Louisville. My hubby is from Central Kentucky and all his family still live there.

Sharon [​IMG]

4. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Hatching

Apr 21, 2008
    Frankfort, KY
    Currently in Frankfort KY. We are moving to Owenton ( about 32 miles north west of frankfort).

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Hello! Sounds like you have a lot to do, but will be so very happy in the end [​IMG] Is our dream to someday have a self-sustainable life. The "modern" life is far over-rated [​IMG]

Welcome [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome to BYC!

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Songster

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    My Brother in Law lives in Frankfort. But I have to say that the week I once spent in Arizona I could move there in a heart beat!

8. Flyman39

Flyman39 Songster

Dec 24, 2007
    West Virginia
    You came to the right place!

9. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Songster

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Greetings from a fellow Thief! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TT

TT Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC - you will love it here - I do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: