My Lavender/Slate split for bronze?

I Like Turkeys

Crowing
Mar 7, 2022
Florida
I got my birds from Mcmurray because it was the most availible thing, I have 4 slates(one is lavender? Homozygous for D gene or whatever that causes slates)
I know one has a clearly brown feather, and some do, I am wondering about the Lavender because it’s a bit more difficult to tell. He doesn’t have any direct leakage, but some feathers are tinged more brownish. He’s a bit mucky sometimes but it’s even his clean feathers that are like this. Sorry if photos are bad.
866B22BA-A2CA-4C13-8CB6-710298C3030D.png
81150478-C245-4E7B-9B0A-12D1CF177BB6.png

Could he be split for the bronze gene?

I got my birds from Mcmurray because it was the most availible thing, I have 4 slates(one is lavender? Homozygous for D gene or whatever that causes slates)
I know one has a clearly brown feather, and some do, I am wondering about the Lavender because it’s a bit more difficult to tell. He doesn’t have any direct leakage, but some feathers are tinged more brownish. He’s a bit mucky sometimes but it’s even his clean feathers that are like this. Sorry if photos are bad.
View attachment 3249124View attachment 3249125
Could he be split for the bronze gene?
yes, from the pictures the bird seems to be split bronze. would be a barred lavender.

Back
Top Bottom