My leukemia's back.

Yeah.....Hi friends.
Test didn't come out so good.....i kinda knew it already.
A1C was up..... blood pressure was up... kidney function was down.
Next stop insulin.
My own fault.... gained weight over the winter.
Not alot of weight..... but i knew i was gonna be in trouble.
:hugs sorry to hear that Phil :hugs

Howdy friend's..... stopping by too see what's up.
But looks like everyone is speechless.
I don't want this thread to Peter out.
As I'm only on 2 threads these days.... and I'd miss you all.

Yeah.....Hi friends.
Test didn't come out so good.....i kinda knew it already.
A1C was up..... blood pressure was up... kidney function was down.
Next stop insulin.
My own fault.... gained weight over the winter.
Not alot of weight..... but i knew i was gonna be in trouble.

Phil, I don't think this thread will peter out. As long as people have needs, and people have support to give, this thread will continue.

Now, as for your A1C, and having to go on insulin. IMO, that could be a blessing in disguise. IMO, insulin is not as hard on the body as the oral agents. And it's easier to control the BS with insulin than it is with an oral agent. My hubby has been on insulin, and using the pump since 1994. (total pancreatectomy) While it's a pain to have to manage things with a needle or a pump, it allows more precise control. That can be a good thing as it will help prevent more complications down the road. As for B/P and kidney function... all I can say is take the best care of yourself that you can.

My brother has had diabetes since college(first year) and took excellent control ( he is a control freak) still ended up with the pump, he has had two different brands - the new one is easier in some ways but, very hard to work with ie, broken needles, loss of insulin etc. Costing him way more to use - but a lot more sites for him. Whereas the other brand limited him to two areas.

Back
Top Bottom