My leukemia's back.

Sugar can cause inflammation, inflammation causes damage, etc. Guess when one is young and healthy the body can tolerate it to some extent.

Phil. I bet if you dropped the soda and processed food you could reverse both the diabetes and some of the kidney damage. (At least keep it from getting worse.) Like you said, weight is not the issue.

Of course, this is coming from someone who only eats abut 20 carbs a day. :lau
last time I did the whole low carbs thing i dropped to 127 lbs..... looked sick. But it really does work. At 20 carbs a day you must be losing a bunch.....i always started out at 0 carbs a day...(or at least as close to 0 as I could get). And it works well except you always crave that crunch ...... that's the worst part about low carbs..... that craving for bread sticks...and stuff

Good morning Team!

All that soda talk is making me thirst for my 1 Coke a day ration. It's too early! Gotta hold out until after lunch or my day will be all out of whack :lol:

Have a good one everybody!
Sorry hun......i kinda want a scoop of butter pecan Ice cream.
Ooh all those simple pleasures that are so bad for us

Good morning Team!

All that soda talk is making me thirst for my 1 Coke a day ration. It's too early! Gotta hold out until after lunch or my day will be all out of whack :lol:

Have a good one everybody!

Well, how did you do? Did ya make it..until after lunch?? Ey? :D

last time I did the whole low carbs thing i dropped to 127 lbs..... looked sick. But it really does work. At 20 carbs a day you must be losing a bunch.....i always started out at 0 carbs a day...(or at least as close to 0 as I could get). And it works well except you always crave that crunch ...... that's the worst part about low carbs..... that craving for bread sticks...and stuff
You do have to do your research on doing low carb and staying healthy. The old high protein zero carb diets could be really harsh. But you can maintain or even gain weight eating low carb/high fat, and there are plenty of athletes eating this way as well. I eat lots of fresh low carb veggies, olive and avocado oil, eggs and stuff like that. Eventually you lose all your cravings, but I have pork rinds and guacamole once in a while if a crunch is needed. :)

I wasn't suggesting you go full on low carb, just modifying what you currently eat will go a long way toward changing your lab results.

Aww, thank you for asking. He is healing quite well. In fact, he may be going home on Tues. His wound/incision... is pretty much closed. Now for an ultra sound on his kidneys, and results of his lab work. Then he will have the decision as to have that other surgery..or..not! This is if, his kidneys are looking good. I feel good about how they are. :)

Last edited:
"THEY" (??) say the carbonation in pop is what is especially harmful. IF a glass of pop sits around for hours and it is warm & all the fizz is gone - does that mean carbonation would no longer be a threat ?

But I do drink it. I'm very absent minded. I will pour myself a big glass of coke, then wonder off . Hours later I will see the glass on the table and drink it warm and bubble free. I don't want to waste it and figure it's healthier this way.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom