My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    It is indeed. Totally wiped out an entire town.

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG], Rachel, [​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Crossing the Road

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Rachel, I totally feel your pain. I can still get down on the ground, and can still get up. But, the accumulation of birthdays makes it increasingly difficult. I've been busy digging the garden, going to several other yards to dig perennials, all this after coming off a long stretch of working every day. Anyhow, I made a remarkable discovery. A new law of physics related to the force of gravity: UP is further than down. In other words, assuming that I am 5'2" and my height doesn't change, it is always further to move my center of gravity up from the floor than it is to move it down to the floor.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Praise God! Praise His Holy name!

1 person likes this.
  6. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Songster

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    I can bring the cookies or pizza! And still going to bring a Trader Joe's one pound dark chocolate bar to share and celebrate with!
    Rachel, if you are willing, I have irises I would be glad to send you a celebrations gift! If you are 2 idling to p.m. your address I will send you a couple of my favorites. Sturdy, clay loving, drought or rain tolerant, part shade and blistering sun tolerant.
    Here's my funny off the internet one titled:
    "Why you do not leave the dog with the kids!"

[​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    More good news today. If nothing tanks with my counts, etc, I can go home in 2 weeks!!!! I have appts on the 20th and 27th, and should be free after that. The NP was confident enough I'll go home she called and made an appt with my doctor back home for the 3rd. Mom and I have been doing the happy dance all day, grinning at each other and saying " only 2 more weeks". It's like early parole or something......

Downside...no gardening or chickens until September. I guess that will help keep me out of the sun this summer. I told the NP I was disappointed cause I love my garden and chickens, but, well, kinda love being alive more. And being in the hospital sucks. So I'll be good.

So, we're still working out transportation, etc. Not sure if I'll be leaving Wed or Thursday, but I'll be sure to let ya'all know.

I'm looking forward to some lasagna.....hint, hint

1 person likes this.
  8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Fantastic news!! Can't wait to hear that you are finally home.

9. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Songster

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Party time!! Awesome!

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by