My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, Blooie, welcome home. [​IMG] I really like vacations, but I LOVE coming home.

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Welcome back, Blooie.

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]Welcome back! have a rest, get a cup of tea and share your pictures!

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Blooie, welcome back! [​IMG]

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Welcome home, Blooie! I'm with sourland, coming home is just about the best part of vacation [​IMG]. You just plop away and relax. We'll keep nagging for pics and stories, but you can deal with us.

6. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Welcome back Blooie!

Feeling any better Rachel? I hope so.

7. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Too funny! Glad to have you back! Any TSA stories? Or cruise stories? Need a bedtime story...
    NFL... nope, never grown them on purpose. But we used to buy them for my son's leopard gecko. Still kinda creeps me out.. But at the price they are asking it might be worth it in the winter time when the snow is on the ground. Have you? Anyone here? And, no thanks, I'll pass on the bedtime mealworm horror stories,please!
    Rachel, Play it safe with that virus. Don't make us come over there! :-D We just might eat all your pork chops!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good morning, all. [​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning! [​IMG]

Another hot, steamy day here in FL. I think moss grows between our toes if we stand in one place too long.

Hope you all have a good day!

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good morning! It's a beautiful morning here at Oleo Acres. The old routine begins this morning when I get Katie and Kendra for the day. Physical therapy for Kendra at 1:00, cathing every few hours, and lots of hugs and giggles are on the agenda for today. Our grandson Evan goes back to South Dakota to spend the summer with his dad and other grandparents every year. This year daughter Tam arranged for him to get to go to camp in Minnesota for a few days. He came home with lots of mosquito bites, dirty laundry and a good case of pink-eye. Tam says she's glad Daddy gets to deal with all that and he'll be totally mended by the time he gets back here. Granddaughter Katie also spent the last week in camp. She came home with a fierce head cold and ear infections in both ears. The right one isn't bad, but her eardrum hadn't completely re-healed from the last one a month ago so it's not as painful as the left side, which is way worse. In that one the eardrum is bulging horribly. So Jen is making an appointment with her pediatrician to get a referral for the ENT doc who did her tubes when she was 2, and we're gonna beg if we have to for new tubes. They said a repeat would be a possibility since her Eustachian tubes are so cotton picking small. Wish us luck on that one!

Rachel, you have to be so sick of getting sick! I think in the back of all of our minds was the idea that once the transplant was done it would be "instant all-better" but we also knew that wasn't reality, and that there'd be lots of setbacks - some major, some minor - along the way. We were just sorta hoping that reality would skip you! Your attitude continues to amaze me!

Let's see, pictures of the trip? Well, it's hard to take good pictures when all I can see around me is fog, rain, clouds, and mist. <sigh> Should have known this trip wouldn't be flawless - sure started out badly! I posted this on FB at about 4:00 am on Sunday morning -

"New definition of hell. Waking up at 1:00am, loading last minute stuff, preparing to leave for the airport in Billings. Hubby decides to check his email real quick first and gets an email saying that our flight - the only flight from Billings to Seattle that gets us there before the ship leaves - has been cancelled. In order to have airport to pier transfer, which we had paid for, we have to be in Seattle by 1:00 pm. On the phone with the airline rep by 1:10 am and by 3:00am heard the following options:

*Drive to Bozeman and try to catch a flight from there to Seattle. Problem, flight leaves at 6:00am. Um, nope
    *Two of us fly from Billings to Denver to Seattle. The third one has to wait for what's available and arrive later. Um, nope
    *Be flown to Ketchican, our first cruise stop and wait for the ship. Turns 7 day cruise into 4 day cruise. Um, nope.
    *Final option presented works. Fly from Cody to Denver to Seattle. Arrives in Seattle at 12:57. (Remember that we have to check in with cruise line transfer folks by 1:00) Well, doable, but may have to call a cab from airport to pier if we miss the last bus to the ship.
    I'M AWAKE!!!!"

We made it to Seattle, ran through the airport as fast as we could, got to the cruise desk, and barely managed to get on the last shuttle to the ship. Less than 10 minutes from the time we plopped our hineys on the bus we were on our way to the pier, and yes, it was the last shuttle of the day! WHEW!

[​IMG]
    Ken and Tammy toasting to a pleasant voyage. Ken has a glass of our complimentary champagne, didn't take Tam long to find the Margaritas!

[​IMG]
    Ken and me enjoying our champagne on the balcony of our room.

[​IMG]
    Leaving Seattle. We would not see the sun again until we pulled back into Seattle at 5:00 am!

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by