My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    All of my marbles and most of my memory is gone...what kind of construction is going to happen? Sounds like it's time to round up the local work crew (i.e. family) and put everyone to work.

Hope you'll share a picture or three of the finished project!

2. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Ron, hb, anyone else who has used the no-waste bucket feeders....

am I missing something? Why does the part inside need to be an elbow? Why couldn't one just put a straight piece of pvc pipe through there a few inches?

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I don't have one, but with a straight pipe food would either pour out or be able to be billed out easier. The elbow makes them stick their head in and they can't waste it.

Going to make one soon myself!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Along with the chicken needing to stick their head in to get to the feed, Squared 90 degree pipes are not as easy to find.

I had enough trouble finding the curved fittings.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, you better get out with Honey and grab that margarita with your Mexican food...today is National Tequila Day!

Might be worth checking to see if any place around you is offering a discount [​IMG] (anything to save a buck or two, right?).

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think I'm gonna need a margarita tonight [​IMG]

I have an ad on CL for a Legbar and a Rhodebar hen. both a year old, laying great, breeder stock not hatchery birds. Was asking $25 each. Now, I don't mind dickering a little, but when I get an e-mail asking if I'll take $15 each "cause that seems to be the going rate"....I just feel insulted! I explained they're not hatchery birds, and even hatchery layers don't leave here for less than $20 (unless you buy a bunch).....I'm just not interested in giving birds away. Seriously!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Give ya $30 for the two of them. [​IMG]

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I'll take four for 60. as long as you are giving them away, shipping is free right?
    are these roasters or broilers? Come to think of it, that does seem rather steep......

[​IMG] Craig's list is full of somekinda people.

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Send him back another email and tell him that after reconsideration you have decided that perhaps your price is out of range, and tell him if he'll go ahead and take both off your hands you'll let him have them for $50.00. Seems to me that since he obviously ain't the brightest crayon in the box, he'd jump at such a "bargain" and come away thinking he'd pulled off another Craig's List triumph!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by