My leukemia's back.

Glad you had a great day!
hugs.gif

Morning Rachel and Team,

Rachel, sounds like you had a pretty good Sunday. Sometimes it's good to have our brains stretched. And congrats on the new little fuzz butts!

Hope everyone has a good Monday
frow.gif

@Blooie , Love the pics by the way!

Hope everyone has a good day! I've got to get ready for work but did not sleep last night.
th.gif
I have nights like that. Stinks.

I went to church today
celebrate.gif
So happy to be strong enough to go for both Sunday school and service. Such a blessing just to be around other believers, and worship together---oh yeah! I've missed my Sunday school class a lot, our instructor was a pastor most of his life and truly has the heart of a teacher. He makes my brain hurt some, cause I've forgotten so much, but it's challenging me to get back in the Word.

And then, came home to 6 baby chicks in the incubator! I'm trying not to open it, and they're damp still so I really can't see head spots to sex them. I'm going to see if leg color is sex linked on this cross also, I think it should be if the barring doesn't mess things up. I'll probably graft them to my broody cuckoo Marans hen, her clutch was due to hatch on Wed but we had a kinda egg massacre in her nest when another hen really, really wanted to lay there and she's down to 2 eggs
sad.png
. Bummed about losing all those chicks, but thrilled to have a momma instead of having to brood littles myself
wink.png
Rachel, check out my last couple of posts on the Sex linked thread. It may match what you're looking for in leg color.

Thanks for the good reading... we are away but wanted to check in..
The no waste gravity feeder I had built used a 90° curved 3" pvc elbow with a 45° angle cut of about .5 cut off on the bottom inside opening. If you think it through the reason behind the curve makes sense. So the chicken comes to eat, reaches in and down, grab mouthfuls then as she pulls back up the extra drops back into the bucket. The other reason for the curve and the cut is when you pour the feed into the bucket it comes down around the pipe and around to the bottom. This leaves space for the food to be at the bottom but other critters (ie. rats, mice, snakes) can not reach in. Does that help? If not, when I get back home and see my girls, I will take a photo.
Blooie, Sorry about the fog. Joe it was still worth the memories!
Ok, Outpost JWB... what construction? I don't remember..can you share?
Hope all here get some good sleep.

Last edited:

At least, I think it's morning. One of those "wake up waaaaay too early" mornings for me. At least it gives me a chance to catch up on all the BYC news.

Hope you all have a great day. As for me, I see a nap in my future, lol.

Ok, Outpost JWB... what construction? I don't remember..can you share?
Hope all here get some good sleep.
Sure, We have a doublewide trailer on block and 3 acres of land. The house had sat empty for over a year before we bought it 2 years ago. The past 2 winters the pipes under our home have busted. They have made holes in the floors so they can access the pipes. Usually people can crawl in the crawl space....but ours has stayed flooded. Water has been absolutely nuts here. Rain, snow, flooding, plus the occasional busted pipes. We have not had time or money to put work into the place. Months after buying the place, the sewage inspector came out and we failed inspection. That was a pretty penny to fix.

Our subfloors are pieces of patches in 3 rooms. Also our patio door has not been working for 6 months. It will not slide at all. We have a hammer next to it just in case there is a fire. Because it will NOT open. So we are also getting that fixed. There is much more work to be done. I'll try to get before and after pics of everything and keep you all updated. Here is a pic of our back screened in porch. The patio door leads from the house to the porch. It has not been used hardly at all this year. Stinks. That's my favorite room.

Patio door is to the left of this picture.

You all have a great day. I need to get some cleaning done before work. Contractors will be here today.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
@Outpost JWB I sure like the size of your porch. It looks like a good place to relax.

We have a screened porch on the front of our house and use it all the time (but it's not near as large as yours
smile.png
).

Outpost, maybe when you get the doors fixed, you can replace them with french doors. I have always had a strained relationship with sliding doors. if anything settles a tiny bit, they lock up. At least with two doors, there is a chance one will open, or you can remove the hinge bolt and still have an opening.

It has been so rainy here. wet wet wet.

Thanks for sharing Outpost. It sounds like quite a bit of work! Dislike sliding glass doors for that reason. I will pray for it to be done well and timely and at a reasonable cost.
A nap sounds great! See you... zzz

Back
Top Bottom