My leukemia's back.

Since July, I have my monthly appointments for my Faslodex, pre-scheduled with the cancer center infusion center. I am currently on a monthly schedule. Sept, Oct, Nov, and December are already scheduled.

Enter Hurricane Ian. I was scheduled for labs, and my shot on Sept. 28 the day Ian was slated to hit. I got a recorded call that they would be closed down on that day, and at least the next day too. I was to call, and reschedule, when they re-opened.

In trying to do so, they are horribly backed up, so it's next to impossible to get through on the phones. AHA, the recording, while on hold, suggested I try my patient portal to request an appointment. I did.

In the box asking the reason I was requesting the appointment, I explained that I did not get my Sept. shots, and needed to do so ASAP. They sent me my pre-scheduled appointments, and let me know I already have an Oct. appointment. It's not getting through to someone that just because I have an Oct. appointment, it doesn't make up for the missed Sept. shots. I don't want to have to go through the loading dosages again, which is every other week for 6 weeks.

Since July, I have my monthly appointments for my Faslodex, pre-scheduled with the cancer center infusion center. I am currently on a monthly schedule. Sept, Oct, Nov, and December are already scheduled.

Enter Hurricane Ian. I was scheduled for labs, and my shot on Sept. 28 the day Ian was slated to hit. I got a recorded call that they would be closed down on that day, and at least the next day too. I was to call, and reschedule, when they re-opened.

In trying to do so, they are horribly backed up, so it's next to impossible to get through on the phones. AHA, the recording, while on hold, suggested I try my patient portal to request an appointment. I did.

In the box asking the reason I was requesting the appointment, I explained that I did not get my Sept. shots, and needed to do so ASAP. They sent me my pre-scheduled appointments, and let me know I already have an Oct. appointment. It's not getting through to someone that just because I have an Oct. appointment, it doesn't make up for the missed Sept. shots. I don't want to have to go through the loading dosages again, which is every other week for 6 weeks.
How frustrating! :barnie:he How far away is the center? Any chance you could just show up explain the situation & wait it out until they can squeeze you in? It could be a long day of waiting. If you try it, bring a book & a snack.

We will be praying @sourland I know first-hand how cancer can devastate a family. God bless. Mark and Susie. ❤️
Mark, all looks positive. Lymph nodes were clear. Final analysis of the tumor will take a week or so, and then she will know whether or not she needs chemo/radiation. Her pain level is minimal, and her attitude is great. We visited for a bit yesterday. SIL and grandson are treating her like a queen.

Mark, all looks positive. Lymph nodes were clear. Final analysis of the tumor will take a week or so, and then she will know whether or not she needs chemo/radiation. Her pain level is minimal, and her attitude is great. We visited for a bit yesterday. SIL and grandson are treating her like a queen.
Glad she is doing well

Back
Top Bottom