My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    good news....the dentist can see me tomorrow so at least I'll have an idea what we're dealing with.

frustrating news....It's impossible to see a pulmonologist here. My hematologist is going to call the pulmonologist tomorrow, but the "usual" scheduling time frame is 6-8 months. I even asked, do you mean 6-8 weeks, and was told, no, months [​IMG]

So, I've got a call out to Portland about taking my care back up there. I just can't deal with this. The local office assured me "you can always go to the ED if you get worse". Gee, thanks. Cause 6 hours in the waiting room with sick folks and an albuterol nebulizer will just fix me right up. Sheesh.

chicken news...I bought a Little Giant incubator today that came with a turner. So, I've go all my eggs in turners--yippee, no hand turning! I'll either keep the incubator to use as a hatcher or resell it, we'll see how things go.

And...I've caught the boys' cold. anyone else see that coming? Doing okay for now, but will be monitoring my temp. Since my neutrophil count is way good, I don't know if I'll need to go in for a fever or not, guess we'll cross that when we come to it. Meanwhile, I got our refrigerator cleaned out [​IMG] today and am rewarding myself with a few episodes of Food Truck Race.

Oh, and I should think of something for dinner. I'll cruise the dinner thread for inspiration.

2. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I'm glad to here you can sear dentist....But don't these people understand when you can't breath you can't breath....that the one problem I have with the VA...I go in there with severe asthma symptoms and they tell me I can get seen for 3 weeks..I could be dead by then....not being able to breathe I'd the worst thing I ever go through....

3. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Sorry I should have edited my spelling better...I hope you get the help breathing you need

4. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    I hope things are better now. I noticed I'm pretty late.

5. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, I hope you can go back to the care givers in Portland. Waiting 6-8 months for you to see anyone is ridiculous. Take care of that cold!
    Congrats on the new incubator, you're going to be churning out chicks faster than ever!

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Fevers get attention.
    You are not normal, dear. [​IMG]

We had gone out on an errand after my husband got home from work and I said, '' I guess we'll have eggs for dinner because I didn't take anything out of the freezer"...he wheeled into a bar-b-que place and said, "let's try this!"
    I think that might have been planned. [​IMG]

7. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    nothing beats BBQ...except crab legs

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    ya think? good for him!

9. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Rachel, did you ask to get put on the Pulmonologist's cancellation list? When I needed an orthopedic consult, I got the same run around of a stupid long wait for an appointment. So, I asked the receptionist to put me on the cancellation list. Her reply: "We don't keep a cancellation list." My response: "Well you do now, and my name is at the top." I got in a week later.

Planned by who? You or him???

10. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    So how was the bbq Eggsy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by