My leukemia's back.

Wait till middle of February and it's 25 or more below zero and snow is shoulder deep...I'll post pics.
ep.gif
Argh, what are you trying to do...scare me? I'm not sure people are meant to live in that type of weather.

ep.gif
Argh, what are you trying to do...scare me? I'm not sure people are meant to live in that type of weather.
We are having the strongest El Nino since they started tracking them in 1950. During EL Niino weather patterns, the North will be warmer than normal so a mild winter up North.

Florida however is slated to have more rain than normal.

Last edited:
Low 60's here - heading for a high in the upper 70's. I've got a sweatshirt on, too, and glad of it - it helps keep the mosquitoes from biting. The water level goes down a little more every day; no rain forecast for this week!

I just came in from the rabbitry, cradling a litter of newborn Holland Lops against my stomach to warm them up. It looks like they were born in a nest the doe made, and scattered themselves afterwards. They are now stabilizing in my "maternity ward" e.g. my hall closet. Life as usual. . . .

That's why all be all over the duck post this winter trying to get advice on keeping my ducks as healthy and comfortable as I can through the winter.
Yeah out weather is extreme here. But that's why it's so remote.We grew up in Detroit where the weather ain't no where near this cold. But my wife plans to die here now (hopefully a long time from now).
Yeah she went from inner city to watching my butcher deer on the kitchen table(I've become so redneck)

Last edited:
It's like Briar Rabbits safe place.
hugs.gif
I grew up on Uncle Remus stories. Loved Briar Rabbit and the Tar Baby!

We are having the strongest El Nino since they started tracking them in 1950. During EL Niino weather patterns, the North will be warmer than normal so a mild winter up North.

Florida however is slated to have more rain than normal.
Bring on El Nino! Earlier in the season, I was hearing that it was going to be an other wild winter. I'll enjoy a mild one for a change.

The dentist wasn't too concerned about my gums yesterday, so that's a good thing. She is going to go ahead and refer me to an oral surgeon, I'm thinking more as a CYA thing.

Still at a standstill with the pulmonology consult. Have a call out to OHSU about getting back up there.

Moved birds around last night. The eggs in the incubator should hatch around Halloween, so I want to have hens (hopefully) ready to contribute eggs to the cause in November. I've got one hatchery cuckoo Marans I'm pretty impressed with. She's 18 months old, I expected her to quit laying at this point. She went broody this last summer, and apparently molted and took her break then, cause she's laying steady since she weaned her chicks. I put her in with my big guy Eric who is half Welsummer, thinking to get sex link dark eggers.

Speaking of Eric--that bird is massive! Since I don't handle or pick up my birds on a regular basis, I was blown away at how heavy he is. I know folks coming out to buy birds have always commented on how big he is, but I've always just taken him for granted. He's also amazingly gentle, to both me and the hens. He's also so tolerant about raising chicks, even rude young cockerels.

It's supposed to be in the 80s today here
smile.png
. There's a reason our little city's slogan is "It's the Climate"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom