My leukemia's back.

I'm just sitting down for the night and finding all this out...... It's a hard pill to swallow even if I knew it was coming.
Trust me tears are flowing right now.
The only thing I can really say is I am a far better person for having the privilege to know Rachel.
I guess it's time to take a deep breath...... And put the ducks up for the night.
I'll talk to you all tomorrow...... Good night.

I'm sorry to have to tell you all..... Our Rachel passed away this morning. Comfortably. Peacefully. And oh so Loved! Thank you all for being such a large part of her life. No amount of time or preparation makes this day any easier.

I love you all because of the love you shared with Rae!

Don

Is it alright if I share a bit of good news here? (I feel a bit guilty with all that Rachel and family are going thru now)

Some of you may remember that I am a 10 yr CML "liver" (I hate the word "survivor") and I had my latest oncologist roadtrip (everything for us is a roadtrip :rolleyes: ) yesterday and tho we won't get the quantitative PCR results back until Monday or Tuesday, I had the best CBC and chem panel numbers I've seen in years sooooo, (drumroll) it's looking VERY good that I am still in TFR :clap (treatment free remission), passing the one year mark, which is a big milestone for predicting the likelihood of continuing.

I pray that this happy word will be an encouragement to anyone reading who might not be as far along on their journey.
Like the great news Phil posted about, there are great breakthroughs happening for us almost every day it seems.

Oh Don, I am so very sorry that you have lost your beloved wife. I know that you know what a blessing she was to you and your sons. May our Abba Father wrap you in His arms of love. May He surround you with His people. May they reach out to you, provide comfort, meet your needs during your time of mourning. I pray that you will be comforted in knowing that you provided a safe and nurturing home for her as she worked through her last days. Don, I pray that your many memories of your beloved Rachel will comfort you in the days ahead. Such a hard thing to watch a loved one die slowly. But, then, there is no easy way at all, nope, no easy way no matter how the parting comes, to say good bye to a loved one, aside from knowing that loved one is secure in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ her Savior, and that she has now passed into His loving arms.

To Sugar Monkey, Big Boy, and Echo. Your mom and guardian was a true lady, a wonderful mother. I pray that you will hold her memory close to your heart.

1 Corinthians 15: 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I'm sorry to have to tell you all..... Our Rachel passed away this morning. Comfortably. Peacefully. And oh so Loved! Thank you all for being such a large part of her life. No amount of time or preparation makes this day any easier.

I love you all because of the love you shared with Rae!

Don

This news, though expected, is still terribly hard to hear. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us, friends yet virtual strangers, of Rachel's passing. Though we know that her struggles are over, and she is now in a glorious place where joy is unending, we will miss her. Her loving, generous, courageous spirit touched a lot of lives.

Praying God's blessings on all of you, as always.:hugs

I didn't know what to say yesterday, when I got the news and I still don't have words… Sending hugs to you all, friends and family of Rachel :hugs I did not know her well, though we spoke a few times via PM. I was amazed by her positivity and strength, through what must've been very difficult days. She found the positives and kept going and just kept going. An inspirational woman and a very big loss for everyone that knew and loved her.

Back
Top Bottom