My leukemia's back.

Boy, feeling better and having nothing to do is a dangerous combo for me! If my poor honey knew all the plans I'm hatching, he'd confiscate my tablet and keep me off the internet. I know most of what I'm researching won't happen, but if even a small part does we're going to be building pens for a while. Thinking of meat birds and building a plucker...we have an old washing machine earmarked for that, just need to get it done. My oldest son is taking metal shop and doing well, I'm thinking of having him build me a nice portable stand with some killing cones. Don't even get me started on the thoughts about meat rabbits!!!

Mom and I went out looking for a dog park yesterday but couldn't find it, maybe we'll try again today. I asked Big Boy to post some pics of home for me, he literally posted pics of the inside of the house.....not quite what I was looking for? Asked him for more animal and plant pics, I want to see my animals and flowers.. we'll see what I get lol.
Glad to hear you are making future plans....so great to hear of all the positive news with your health...Rachel you are such an inspiration...!

Washing machines are great for all sorts of uses...I put my carrots in an old one of mine..it washes..cleans and spin dries them...brilliant job.....I then blanch them and freeze them....I haven't tried rabbits yet.....????? The fur would likely block the machine...although it might de-fur them.......the mind boggles!!!!

That is a great idea!
I bet it takes all the grit off that way.
Now...you have got me thinking in a more progressive way...if I put the carrots on a hot cycle in the washing machine...will it also blanch them...???? or will it shred them..???? I will have to try this out later in the year when the six wheelbarrow loads come up from the garden...

By the way...yes..it does remove the grit...better than scrubbing them by hand or using a power washer and chasing the carrots around the vicinity afterwards....

Last edited:
....but they are cute a fluffy and have twitchy whiskers....

I'd be like butchering sourland.

You'd be like butchering ME?
ep.gif

Rachel, good evening - up and on the road at 4 AM for a field trial. I'm a bit tuckered right now. I know what your husband is in for. Every time the Princess says, "I've been thinking." I am in line for a project.
barnie.gif

Oh, hey, Jan, you want to come be futile at my house? That would free me up for some outside futility - like, brushing horses (that's some real good, high-fiber futility right there - they are shedding. Bleh!)

Just think, Rachel - one day closer to animal hair all over you again! Hope it's a good one!

Back
Top Bottom