My leukemia's back.

I think the Subaru and Ford keys, even as late as the 80s, opened a BUNCH of different cars.

I remember when car key fobs (the ones that unlock your car) and garage door openers became a thing.

We would drive around hitting the button.

And yes, they would work on occasion. Maybe 1 in 50 or 1 in 100.

I think the Subaru and Ford keys, even as late as the 80s, opened a BUNCH of different cars.

I remember when car key fobs (the ones that unlock your car) and garage door openers became a thing.

We would drive around hitting the button.

And yes, they would work on occasion. Maybe 1 in 50 or 1 in 100.
Trouble maker. 🤣

I really haven't wanted to post this, but denial can only take you so far.......

Some of my byc family remembers I was diagnosed with leukemia in June 13. I did all the chemo and had a clean bone marrow in Feb 14, indicating remission. Well, that didn't last. My labs started dropping and I had another bone marrow biopsy, it confirmed I'm relapsed. I go back to OHSU in Portland on Tuesday for induction chemo again. This means a 4-6 week stay, 250 miles from home
sad.png
. It's going to be quite a challenge for my family. My honey's having a hard time not being able to be with me, but he's got to hold down the fort at home. The boys aren't happy, of course, but at least we've had some warning this time. After Induction and some more chemo, they'll be looking for a bone marrow donor since I don't have appropriate siblings. This whole process is going to take a long, long time.

I know God's got my back with this, and it's His plan no matter what happens. It's just hard being so far from my family. And then even when I can come home, I'll be immune compromised and have to live like a germaphobe again--most of you know I'm pretty much the opposite of that!

So, I'd again encourage anyone who is able to donate blood. Not specifically for me, but for everyone like me out there who relies on a transfusion to keep going.

All my friends who are praying folk--your prayers are always accepted! For those who aren't praying people, feel free to start any time
hugs.gif
Prayed for you & your family. God bless!

I got the other half of my mouth done yesterday. It's looking good. I still have to go Thurs. and have 1 tooth extracted. There's no way to save it, but that's not a big surprise on that specific tooth. I had been warned about it years ago.

When we lived overseas, I got a little cavity in that tooth. I went to have it filled. That dentist was a quack. We had agreed on the price, and I paid upfront. He drilled it, then changed the price. I told him I didn't have the extra money, so he put in a "temporary" filling, which consisted of something like plaster of paris. Since I knew I was coming back to the States in a few months, every so often I would go to a different dentist, and have them put in more temporary filling.

When I got stateside, I hit my dentist's office. The other dentist had drilled way to close to the walls of the tooth. My dentist had to cage the tooth to fill it, to keep it from collapsing. He told me that somewhere around middle age, it would get to the point it would be unsalvageable. It needs to be drilled/filled again, but can't be. It's lasted a good bit longer than expected.

the lane assist in my Chevy truck is just a gentle nudge, it is easy for me to override it without really thinking about it.
The lane keeping assist on my Prius Prime is so minimal one has to think if it is actually "nudging". It needs to be more aggressive to be of use.

And as for the car taking over when you start to cross the line, use your turn signal. That tells the car (and anyone else on the road) that you are crossing the line on purpose and it won't try to take over to save your @SS ;)

Oh, yeah, it has a key for starting too.
Ewwwwwww barf, barf, barf!!!!!!!
My tractor has a key, the garden tractor does not. I've not owned a car that needed anything to be removed from my pocket nor put in any slot in the car to unlock, start, stop or lock since 2004.

The key to that car opened the front door to our house.
Very convenient. I wish the fob for my Prius would unlock my house! I'd rather not have any keys.

Ewwwwwww barf, barf, barf!!!!!!!
My tractor has a key, the garden tractor does not. I've not owned a car that needed anything to be removed from my pocket nor put in any slot in the car to unlock, start, stop or lock since 2004.

Very convenient. I wish the fob for my Prius would unlock my house! I'd rather not have any keys.
The hackers like these things too.

My neighbor has doors that open with a keypad. No keys required

Back
Top Bottom