My little coturnix are so good-natured and quite calm.

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
They really ARE like little chickens. Not very wild acting at all. I moved all 38 of them to their permanent outdoor enclosure on Sunday, and they seem so happy out there. The biggest hit was the large tub of sand for dust bathing. I gave them 2 little houses for sleeping if they choose, and they seem to like to go in and out of those as well.

I'm quite amazed that I can just go in there, reach down and pick them up without much struggle at all. They are very calm compared to bobwhites that I raised briefly years ago, and even to my button quail.

Cool little birdies, aren't they.

Oh yes, love them! I can have 100 in the pen, I walk in, they all come running
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

I agree 100%. Actually I think it should be mandatory for all threads in this section to have at least 1 picture.
lol.png

Exceptions made for 1st time posters to the thread.
big_smile.png

I have seen very little pictures of Bobs, No pictures of Pheasants, no Chukars. And probably more quail type birds that people have, that I can't even think of.

My seven coturnix are sweet little things, too! I like them a lot more than I expected, they are so easy to handle and mellow and cute! I only wish I could tell them all apart to give them names! I can tell the two males apart and my one tibetan, but the rest of the hens all look the same.

*Posts two pictures just to appease the masses*

BURDS014Large.jpg

BURDS020Large.jpg

X2.

The first pic is of the color I am after. Eggs in bator, anxiously awaiting results - Pic Posting in 2 weeks (I hope).

You see this is why we need more pics - we drool - we learn - we buy - we dool. The cycle repeats.

So Denninmi where's the pic of the new homestead for the little quailies. Hummmmmmm.

Can you tell its raining and I am bored. My chickens are nuts and running around looking for worms and my quailies are
droolin.gif
from their pens.

Good luck with your hatch! My tibetan is really pretty.
love.gif

I'm building a new, more roomy quail pen, and I might stick a few eggs in the 'bator when I do.
hide.gif
I probably shouldn't, but the question is: Can I resist? (And the answer is probably no.
duc.gif
)

Denninmi: My 11 week old chicks are more flighty than my Jumbo Browns. By way more. It took me 4 tries to get them back in their house this evening after they free ranged for a few hours. NO NO, it's to early, we don't want to go in. We want to play and eat all the ducks' food.

I do get an escape quail from time to time though. But they are easy to catch with my GD little pink and green butterfly net. Maybe I need those colors in the big net. Chickens Freak out when they see the big Blue Net.

My neighbors thought I have flipped out. They saw me walking around the yard slapping the net down and the quail are to small for them to see. One asked my DH if I was alright. Thought maybe I was over doing it and was loosing it.

Back
Top Bottom