My Little Eggy

anjaneep

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
hey guys so i have a batnam chicken egg and its hatching but right now it mad cracks but this green like stuff is sealing it up but it could be the feather fyi today 10\21\2012 is the 21 day please i need help on this
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh dear...Anjaneep why is the egg not in the incubator if it's hatching? The air inside your room does not have the heat, nor the humidity required for any egg to hatch or for the chick to be alive. You need to put it back in the incubator and hope it's not too late. Never take an egg out of the incubator when it's time for hatching. I know you're young, and you're just excited to have a chick; it's a very exciting time!
smile.png
but...this is not healthy for your chick. Do you have a parent or guardian (maybe an older sibling) that might be able to take you to the library and get some books about chickens, incubation and raising them? Libraries are a really good source. So is this site, but I think checking out some books might be the best idea for you.

In regard to the "green stuff" that isn't normal at all. There should be a greenish-yellowish-beige sack left behind *after* the chick hatches, that's their waste sack and it's perfectly normal. Sometimes they'll drag it around with them for a few moments before it slides off their bellies. But, if green stuff is seeping out of the cracks in the egg - something tells me the egg is rotten and actually exploded, rather than a chick hatching.

Are you sure it's green stuff - or is it feathers? Damp and slimy yellow feathers do carry a green tint to them...especially if it's a breed of chicken that has blue to black skin. (Mine did, I can attest to that).

If the egg is rocking around, and there is movement, it's alive and really needs to be put back in the incubator. =(

Last edited:
um its not leaking green but i think that its the feathers and i thought it peeped last night because i was next to the incubator on my cumputer .

Last edited:
um its not leaking green but i think that its the feathers and i thought it peeped last night because i was next to the incubator on my cumputer .

How long has it been cracked like that with no progress? How long have you had it on the blanket in your room instead of in the incubator? I'm concerned about shrinkwrap and stickychick.

Do you have a brooder and a heat lamp waiting for the chick once it's ready?

Last edited:
yes i have a brooder ready i only had it on the blanket for 5 seconds and it has been and it has been making progress
yippiechickie.gif
every hour actally

Last edited:
yes i have a brooder ready i only had it on the blanket for 5 seconds and it has been and it has been making progress
yippiechickie.gif
every hour actally

Okie dokie - just make sure it stays in the incubator, it's really important for the humidity factor (you don't want the membranes to trap your chick inside).

Please be sure to post pictures when it hatches.
wink.png

ok and i think that i saw the chicks beak try to breack trhought should i kinda help it if i dont hatch in 2 days?

hey my egg just hatched some more it looks like the top might pop of the membrain is about to open i think
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

hey guys so i have a batnam chicken egg and its hatching but right now it mad cracks but this green like stuff is sealing it up but it could be the feather fyi today 10\21\2012 is the 21 day please i need help on this
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
I got your private messages but I'm responding here. =]

This is what I experienced with my hatches:

Pip (the small dent the chick makes in the egg prior to hatching) occurred - 26 hours later it zipped (cracked the egg). An hour after that crack it was out and moving around the incubator. The rest of them followed and were out within an hour of the zip as well.

Your first picture was posted 8 hours ago
hmm.png
I'm not trying to be a downer, but are you 100% certain there is a chick in there? When you took it out of the incubator did it stink? Please don't take it out again to smell it...lol

Has the egg moved at all?
Do you hear peeping?

Last edited:
yippiechickie.gif
um I don't know but i think theres something because how would it hatch more

and when i got the egg the coop was dirty and it smelled so there should be something in it because in the last hour it opened more the top might come off tonight and it might hatch all the way tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom