my little feathered foot Bantam

I think mine are between 2 and 3 pounds. I have to put them to bed every night as they think they should roost on top of the door. I don't mind since they're pretty cute when they are sleepy and try to yell at me. I never really liked bantams before, but raising these girls from 3 days old, they turned out pretty friendly. I love their "necklaces"!

I just took her upstairs to see my big birds, I have three blue and gold Macaws, a Greenwing Macaw and then our Umbrella Cockatoo (yes I really have gone to the birds!) The Cockatoo has (since we got him and way before chickens) always said "I'm a silly white chicken bird" so he sees her then he starts saying it again, then "well hello you" and "Like a like a Bayu" (his name) and then "I like a you" He put up his crown for her and everything. I think he may have made a love connection LOL.

She looks like a d'uccle (or mix since she has five toes), but I also think she is a he based on the comb...my d'uccle girls don't have combs like that.

Quote:
I saw the roo she was with and his comb was bigger so I think she is a she and never a peep out of her LOL

Angela

Someone asked for more pics so here they are and she has learned to step up and ride on my shoulder LOL. Just like the Macaws. Bayu (the Cockatoo) is so in love with her.

Angela
110751_sunny_004.jpg

110751_sunny_007.jpg

By the way it just occured to me that since she is not an outside bird I probably need to be adding grit to her food correct?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom