My local Orscheln has chicks already and other store with babies yet?

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
Went to Orschelns to get some sandpaper so my hubby can finish the buttstock of his shotgun. Shouldnt have done that!!!!! I heard peeping and quacking from near the checl out. THey had two ducklings(runner and a pekin?) , some bantams , sex links and RIRs. Too bad that we cant have anything yet, just another year or two, unless the Army deceides to retire my huband early out of health reasons. Oh BTW they came from Estes and they get geese and turkys prob. next week or so. (junction City kansas store)

A few of the stores around here got them in this week. This weekend will be a interesting test of will power
caf.gif

THe only thing that keeps me from buying is the pesky fact that you can have three horse sized great danes in housing , but they throw a fit when you have three bantam chickens. go figure
rant.gif
i rather have chickens as neighbors than horsie dogs(thats what my kids call them)

That's terrible logic! I couldn't imagine not having both. (We'll I don't have chickens....yet
wink.png
)

I went to TSC to pick up some shavings and they had the bins all out and prepared for the chick shipment. Luckily nothing was there yet, talk about dodging a bullet. I am prepared to stay far away from TSC, cannot not look in those bins.

Last edited:
I got the email flier for the upcoming "chick days". Be warned- one of thier "featured breeds" are "americaunas", with an obvious picture of an Easter Egger.

I wrote to tell them they are EEs, and to please correct thier ad, but haven't head back. Like we need help confusing even more people out there!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom