1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Lucy is gone

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by dixygirl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    I went outside to see a red fox running away and my favorite cornish cross hen dead on the ground with no head.

I put all the birds in their pens and buried her. Now I am left very sad and tearful.
    Ihad gotten her one year ago at a day old and raised her here with me as a pet. My horse used to love her and they always hung around each other.

This is a very sad day for me. How can I kill this sucker? I have a live trap and it has never worked.
    Thanks for listening.

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I have no suggestions for you, but do feel your pain. [​IMG]

3. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Thank you
    I lit a candle for her and am going to just rest the remainder of the day.
    I am really taking this hard. I guess everyone will have to stay in their pens from now on... No more free ranging unfortunately.
    I so much enjoyed giving them their freedom and they are all so well behaved too. They just wonder around the house and put themselves in at night waiting for me to close the door of their coops.

I couldnt find a mallard duck last week too. I guess this explains it. Everyone is under lock and key from now on. They enjoyed free ranging from July of last year until now with not one incident and they always behaved themselves perfectly too. I used to love looking out on them wandering freely in the yard. I guess that is it. no more.
    lockdown.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I am so sorry you lost her. hold on to all the happy memories and know that she was very happy and loved and she had a great life with you. i can tell you guys had a special bond and that will never be gone. hang in there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by