1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My "Macho Man"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Okay so here is the story. Deville was originally thought to be a SHE and the other EE was named Cruella and he was named Deville. then at 9 weeks old he crowed. But we kept the name.

He (as all the EEs) were claimed by my daughter and so he was a big baby. When we put everyone in the new coop, (he and 31 girls) he started changing and became more "The Man" he did not hop into your lap anymore and did not want to be picked up yada yada yada.

Well Now..when you pick him up he screams like he is being tortured until you get him out of the sight of the girls and you then have this:

We call it the "Love Me Lap Puppy Syndrome"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when you carry him back to the coop and he gets within eye sight of the girls ... the screaming and fussing starts again.

hahaha anyone else have a "macho" rooster?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    LOL that's funny! [​IMG] [​IMG] He's gotta act tough and strong for the ladies. [​IMG]

Our RIR rooster is tough all the time; with or without his girls. He can be more protective when around the hens, but he likes to bites and dance around your legs...But when you pick him up, he will not bite or anything. He's a really sweet boy. [​IMG]
    Foghorn, on the other hand, is a big baby all the time! [​IMG] He is very goofy, too. He's a Splash Cochin. He will embarrass himself all the time in front of the ladies. He's still young and learning. [​IMG] When he has a chance, he will start stomping his big feathery feet around, dancing and showing off. he will usually trip over himself or even the food dish. [​IMG] He sometimes runs into the side of the wall when "dancing" around. [​IMG] And when you pick him up, he will squirm and try to get away. If he succeeds, he will usually fall on his face because he's very very clumsy. [​IMG] But anyway, Foghorn may act all big and tough, but trust me, he's a real big baby. [​IMG] Even Caramel, the BO pullet, overpowers him! They sometimes get into fights when Foghorn starts dancing around her; she usually always wins. LOL [​IMG]

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my roo is like that too, It like hes embarrassed for his ladies to have to see him like that. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gotta love those lap roosters!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Heck Cyn my lap is not big enough for any of your roos to sit in...I would just have to lie back and let them sit on me! [​IMG]

6. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

My barred rock used to be big rough and tough if the ladies were around. Take him inside and set him on your lap.... He was a super-wuss!!

7. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] He doesn't want to look like a mama's boy in front of his girls [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by