We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

My Mallards

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by fowl farm, May 25, 2012.

1. wildpeas

wildpeas Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    Port Orchard, Wa
    [​IMG]

This is one of my female rouens, probably close in age to yours. I am 98% certain she is a she and not a he. Her bill looks more orange in real life but still has a faint greenness to it.

2. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    That Rouen is definitely a female. The duck in question is a boy. See his bill has a greenish tint and no orange and black like the Rouen? I'm positive the bill color is correct it says so in Storey's guide

3. fowl farm

fowl farm Songster

May 9, 2012
    Okay. Just out of curiosity, why does he sound so different from my other ducks? I know, I have a lot of questions[​IMG]. Thanks.

4. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    They reach ducky puberty at different ages so there voices change at different times.

5. duckielover707

duckielover707 Hatching

May 14, 2012
    Eureka, CA
    awww mallards share a special place in my heart! i had a pair, precious the girl who was 9 and angel the boy who got to be 11! they really can live a looong time if you take care of them.

i was sooo sad to see them go. but their health started to decline and now they're in duckie heaven [​IMG]and i've started the cycle over again...with two male rouens. not by choice, but by random. oh well, i love my boys. they are best friends, duke and prince.

good luck with your beautiful mallards!!! [​IMG]

6. Ally Rose

Ally Rose Songster

May 7, 2012
    NJ
    Haha maybe...his bill is really cool though, its like a light blue color or something

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: