My Mandarin Duck Pen - During Construction - Photo Intensive

Quote:

No. For me, that would defeat the purpose of the wire floor. I had initially planned on building an on-the-ground aviary for the ducks, which was going to have a mulch or river rock flooring over dirt. However, after seeing how messy ducks are with water, I realized I wanted to go with on an above ground design. Its worked out really well and stays very clean. They can splash all the water they want, yet they do not come into contact with dirt/mud. There are wood chips in their shelter, however.

I can't see any of your pictures. They are all marked out with an x. I would really like to see how it turned out. Is there any way you can send me pictures. Thank you

Leo Dishion

Here are some "during construction" photos of my mandarin pens. As you can see, the covered shelter is actually two stories. The upper level includes four separate nest boxes. There is access to the back of the nest box for gathering eggs and adding bedding as needed. The lower section is a communal area where feed will be offered. Wood chips will cover the floor of both levels. All I really need to do is add black shingles then paint it barn red to match my call duck pen and chicken house. Oh, and add the decorative deck board trim along the top front. Then I can move it to location and add my mandarins.

pen01.jpg

pen02.jpg

pen03.jpg

pen04.jpg

pen05.jpg

pen06.jpg

pen07.jpg

pen08.jpg

pen09.jpg

pen11.JPG

pen12.jpg

pen14.jpg

pen15.jpg

pen17.jpg

I based the design on my call duck pen which can be seen below. I modified the design to suit mandarins and their nesting habits.

photos55.jpg

photos56.jpg
I can’t see the pics?

Back
Top Bottom