my mexican bobwhite quails

hello there! are you still breeding these? looking for more info on them and someone to talk to who has experience with them!!

they are not a tame bird, not like the ordinary quails. they are a pretty bird. need space as they are very active. I put in conifer branches for them to hide under, and they have a large pen to run around in. food I give chick crumb and grit, they will eat greens and grass.

Thank you! Do you have any knowledge on sexing them or at what age, when the hens become mature, etc?? Are they very broody? Or best to incubate on my own?

Thank you! Do you have any knowledge on sexing them or at what age, when the hens become mature, etc?? Are they very broody? Or best to incubate on my own?
I raise Mexican Speckeled Bobwhites. They will mature around 16 weeks of age. At 8 to 12 weeks of age they will start getting their adult plumage. The males have a black head with white eye stripe and cheek/throat patch. Females will have a buff colored head. Both male and female have same body plumage color, a light buff orange color.
They are seasonal layers. They will begin laying the following spring after they hatch. Your location will determine when they start to lay. Mine start laying in May and continue until Sept. I haven't had a female go broody but it does happen. It's best to gather the eggs and artificially incubate.
Here's a pic of male and female mature Mexican Speckled Bobwhite quail.
0_0_0_0_393_260_csupload_66343745.jpg

I raise Mexican Speckeled Bobwhites. They will mature around 16 weeks of age. At 8 to 12 weeks of age they will start getting their adult plumage. The males have a black head with white eye stripe and cheek/throat patch. Females will have a buff colored head. Both male and female have same body plumage color, a light buff orange color.
They are seasonal layers. They will begin laying the following spring after they hatch. Your location will determine when they start to lay. Mine start laying in May and continue until Sept. I haven't had a female go broody but it does happen. It's best to gather the eggs and artificially incubate.
Here's a pic of male and female mature Mexican Speckled Bobwhite quail.
View attachment 1532311

Hello!! Thank you!! May i private message you for further questions!??

Back
Top Bottom