My miracle eggs - Thanks Wynette!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sjisty, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Last week I won an auction for Tomaru Longcrower eggs listed by Wynette here on BYC. When the mailman pulled down my driveway today, I knew they were here!

... Well, one look at the box and I was sure they were doomed. The box had gotten wet to the point it was caved in on one entire side. The corner was totally smashed and the entire side rounded and soft. It was wrapped in plastic wrap by the post office and it looked to be in pretty bad shape. About the only things that looked intact were the "fragile" stickers on the sides of the box.

I brought the box inside and pulled the plastic wrapping off. The wet cardboard came apart in my hands, revealing bubble wrap and packing peanuts inside. With dread, I reached inside ... and started pulling out eggs wrapped in little bubble wrap bags, every one intact! I just couldn't believe it - 12 perfect eggs!

Thanks Wynette for such careful packaging - I can't wait to grow up these guys, and for once I'm hoping for an excess of roos!

2. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Congrats! Have FUN!! Post pictures!!

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hurrah!!!! Yeah for Wynette and happy for you Sjisty!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by