My Miss Chooky is back

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by conny63malies, Nov 16, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Friday night my dog got of the chain around 11pm and deceided to chase and play with the ducks and Ms Chooky (my lil d' uccle) whom she shares the backyard with. She doesnt want to kill them, she just thinks they are fabulous toys to play and pounce with. Unfortunatley the flock does not agree with the dog on that. Anyways i heard some ruckus coming from outside and checked what going on. Cindy had all of the ducks herded/cornered by the AC. I called the dog back and put er up in the house for the night. Then i pulled the ducks out one by one and checked for injuries. The only thing i saw was some breeding related scratches one the females , such as some feathers on the neck missing and a little scratch on the wings. But in didnt see Ms Chooky with them , she wasnt in her petcarrier either. I looked around but couldnt find anywhere .She wasnt back saturday morning either and i kept looking for her but i thought either somebody picked her up when she went on the road or she hunkered down somewhere because the weather was real crumy and it drizzeled all day.
    This morning my DH when to use the bathroom and called to me "Hey look outside honey , it's snowing . Oh and I'm looking right at your chicken"
    The kids and me are sooo happy that she is back. Apperantly she came back through a crack between the fence and the house erly this morning. I would hate the fact that i raise a chicken(our only one) to laying age, just to have her disappear a few weeks later.
    Well i had to share that we have her back. She will get some friends in springtime.

2. lilarabookworm

lilarabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    thats great that she came back![​IMG]

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Good for her! And you. [​IMG]

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Happy you have her back [​IMG]

5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    u must be relieved, thank god shes back

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I sure am glad to have her back. I even made her some spaghetti because she loves them so much. I have to hurry up now i gues i have to make a a-frame hutch this week. I still can use it for the bunny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by