My mixed breeds

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
These are my first mixed breeds, I hatched them from my own flock
Both have the same dad. Zeus my light brahma
This first one's has Sally my very first chicken ever as her mom..she is a NH red
So here is a light brahma/nh red x
20191105_141737.jpg

This little one is has a lot if her daddy personality in her, she loves the camera, loves to run up to me and anyone else that comes into my office, she bows down like a dog, then runs , shes curious, and loves interaction

This one has Mazie my Golden laced wyandotte as her mommy, she is a little more vocal but not loud, she had put up with me messing with her leg since she was born, she has a misplaced tendon as I call it,
She walks, jumps and roosts on the roost, runs, plays but she has a limp because her tendon never went back in place.
I make sure I keep a close eye on her to see if she is in pain or just not living the life she should be. But so far she seems enjoying the chicken life.
I massage her legs and foot every day, I put her on her back between my legs and she usually snoozed while I do it
I make sure her joints arent warm

So here is a golden laced wyandotte light brahma x
20191105_141759.jpg

No names yet . Making sure what sex they are
They are 6 weeks old right now

Mix breeds can be quite interesting to watch grow and develop. When my phoenix roo died I crossed the hen with a white crested black Polish rooster. Rather fun to see what traits pass on. Surprising ly the same traits passed with each chick. On maturity the cockerels looked exactly the same as did the pullets. Below is a pic of one of the pullets.

aaphoenixpolishpullet.jpg

Nice pictures and nice looking birds.

Mix breeds can be quite interesting to watch grow and develop. When my phoenix roo died I crossed the hen with a white crested black Polish rooster. Rather fun to see what traits pass on. Surprising ly the same traits passed with each chick. On maturity the cockerels looked exactly the same as did the pullets. Below is a pic of one of the pullets.

View attachment 1957605

Nice pictures and nice looking birds.

I love the looks of this one!!!

Thanks again. I've another cockerel I'm hoping to be even better-A beautiful black body with silver trimming. 1/2 Yokohama-1/4 Phoenix-1/4 Polish. I really like long tailed chickens.

Back
Top Bottom