My mom almost blacked out completley while driving to work :(

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
So, my mom has lupus, arnold chiary (sp?) malformation (in her brain), rheumetoid arthritis and MANY other rediculous issues partaining to Lupus (auto immune disorder). So today I gave her a call at work because I forgot a belt for the vaccume cleaner so wanted to give her a heads up if we left before she came home so she knew where we went. ANYWHO, she goes "so guess what happend this morning?" Here, on her way to work down our most steepest part of the mountain (and a major highway to boot) she started seeing her vision tunneling (where it goes black around the sides until it zooms in and takes away all vison and you black out)... she started feeling woosie so some how she was able to slam on the breaks and edge the truck over to the berm. She had to sit there for 15 minutes she said before she felt safe enough to drive again. She's had about 3 "mini strokes" and this sort of sounds like one again, though normally those start out as majorly severe headaches that she needs to lay down and block light from her eyes (because she sees fan-like flickering in her eyes if she doesn't and every flicker hurts severely). But this didn't start out that way, it just happened! One more thing I have to worry about, about her. Even though I want it to be nothing I know it can't just be nothing....so if anything i just hope it's nothing more than another mini stroke which is normally caused by blood clots behind her eye or something like that. She has major blood issues where she's on blood thinners because her blood is too thick... anywho could be another clot but I do not like how it didn't give her any warning this time if so.
th.gif

Please pray that it's something that *just* happened and won't again.... wouldn't be so bad if it would have happened while she was at work or at home. Just want her to be okay is all so please think of her.
smile.png

Her mini strokes sound more like migraines as I have that issue myself. I had the tunnel issue with out the black out 2 yrs ago went to the ER they thought I was having stroke but it turned out to be a migraine. So I do understand how you would be worried about her. I will keep her in my thoughts. She should had seen a Dr and I hope she is going to be ok.

Yup sounds like migraines to me as well. At least she doesn't pee the bed. I just had my mom here for a week. Washed sheets and bed protectors everyday. She didn't tell me about the issue until a day before she came. I am so glad the visit is over. Never again.

Quote:
they're not migranes they've been diganosed
smile.png
They found the blood clot behind her eye both times (last two times). this time she's just consulting her doctor.

Quote:
it was only that one eppisode thankfully shes consulting (or going to) consult her doctor today about it but if she has already I don't know any news yet as she's at work
smile.png
I will update ya if i find out anything new. He'll probably ust require more bloodwork.

But again, guys... my mom has had Mini strokes NOT migraines they were diagnosed i wouldn't make up something as dramatic as that. Her face has even slopped off on the one side because of it that was the scariest time. This time though however nothing like that just almost blacking out and no pain just shakey.

Back
Top Bottom