1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My mom is the coolest (New Incubator) NEED TIPS!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ButtonQuailBoy, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I got a little giant still air incubator! Getting ready to save my little eggs! I'm regulating it now! Any tips? I wanna know how to keep it up at 99.5oF for them!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Buy a different thermometer than the one in the package. Also get a hygrometer to measure the humidity. With the LG, it is extremely important to have it in a room that is completely draft free. Best of luck.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am so glad to read this. Indeed your mom is the coolest!

Get a better thermometer and hydrometer than the one that comes in the box. You can find fairly descent ones by accurite at walmart.

Good luck with your quail eggs!

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have one I bought last year and it holds temps great. I used it as a second back up bator before I bought my sportsman. Good luck and give your Mom a big hug!

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

For still air you want 101.5ish, unless quail are different than chickens [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by