My Muscovy Duck is Limping!

Do you know why he is limping?
No I don't know why, his leg does not appear to be broken, he will stand for short brief periods, but limps when he walks and has fallen on his 'chest' a couple of times when he tried to hurry away from another duck that was picking on him. I have him confined in a pen, but was told he could have Meloxicam - I have 15 mg tabs - I did give him about the equivalent of 3 mg - that was from researching dosages on the internet, hopefully that was ok

0.5mg/kg.

What do you have, liquid, tablets, or injectable? What's the mg per ml?
I have 15 mg tablets, I did give him the equivalent of 3 mg (from researching dosage for ducks on the internet) - hopefully, that was ok and sufficient enough ... he is 4 months old but quite large

How much does he weigh?
I do not know he feels about 4 lbs - he is 4 months old and quite large.
I don't think he has a niacin deficiency I fed him the appropriate duck crumble growing up, his legs appear to be strong and straight I feel he is injured - in getting in and out of the lake there are lots of rocks ... landing from flying - maybe?

I do not know he feels about 4 lbs - he is 4 months old and quite large.
I don't think he has a niacin deficiency I fed him the appropriate duck crumble growing up, his legs appear to be strong and straight I feel he is injured - in getting in and out of the lake there are lots of rocks ... landing from flying - maybe?

Could you try to weigh him today, so I can give you a dose? Could you also post a video of him trying to walk? To post a video you need to upload it to a video platform like Yotube or Vimeo first, then copy/paste the link here.

Back
Top Bottom