My Myshire farms snowie hatch

I’m pretty sure one hatched, rolled around, held it’s head semi up and crowed 3 times. Not meep meep meep, or be doop, it was like a wah W-A-A-A-A. Garbling the second part. I grabbed the camera but it didn’t do it again.

I’m pretty sure one hatched, rolled around, held it’s head semi up and crowed 3 times. Not meep meep meep, or be doop, it was like a wah W-A-A-A-A. Garbling the second part. I grabbed the camera but it didn’t do it again.
It can happen. I had one that crowed several times so I managed to get a video of it. He was still in the incubator.

I’m down to the dregs, ones that pipped and didn’t zip, and ones with no pips. I’ve found the dark ones I couldn’t see into and left because I was unsure were infertile or very early quitters, there’s about 4 or 5 of those. There are 3 I’m helping, I think the ones who pip and don’t hatch are often really sticky from my previous hatch observations, my guess is they broke their yolk at some point and weren’t strong enough to finish. Then there are a few with defects, one has legs pointed in and crossing, and it looks like they’re not just oriented wrong but generally put together wrong, unless I can get them up and in a good position there’s a couple I’ll need to cull.
I took this pic earlier today, but there are probably about 10 or so that are in there now that were still in the incubator. I think a grau fee might have hatched, he’s pretty wet and gooey still so I’m not sure yet.
3E52B1EE-FFF0-4E41-817C-9A25394AAF6E.jpeg

39 total, there’s 4 who are 50/50 if I’ll have to cull. Probably I’ll be successful with half, and half will not respond to treatments, but maybe I can get them all started. The one with worst legs is strong, he drags himself sideways along the edge of the bator. I’m gonna see if I can get him straddling something and point his legs the right way.

I think my numbers are about the same for funky chicks compared to number hatched. Pretty sure it worked out to be 50/50 like you said. Really glad to hear you had so many hatch, I think that you got a little better then the 50% hatch they talk about. Looking forward to pics as they grow and get their colors.

I don’t need the amount of non snowies I received, so if anyone in the NJ/NY area is looking to get myshire chicks at a good price send me a pm. I’m also going to post in the NJ thread later today, but I find very few quailers on that thread.

I think my numbers are about the same for funky chicks compared to number hatched. Pretty sure it worked out to be 50/50 like you said. Really glad to hear you had so many hatch, I think that you got a little better then the 50% hatch they talk about. Looking forward to pics as they grow and get their colors.
I got better than 50% so I’m pretty happy with that. However, I’ll let the bator chicks dry and if I don’t have at least 20 snowies, I’m going to email them. Maybe someone just read the order wrong or something. I was hoping for 20-25 snowies, which is why I ordered 50.

Last edited:
I'm so clueless when it comes to the colors and genetics but on the Quail hatch along thread pg 3514 the most recent it looks like Pyxis has had some issues with colors too.

Last edited:
I'm so clueless when it comes to the colors and genetics but on the Quail hatch along thread pg 24 the most recent it looks like Pyxis has had some issues with colors too.
I haven’t read that in a while, I’m gonna check it out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom