My Myshire farms snowie hatch

Pics
Wonky leg keeps swimming laps around the sick brooder, and he keeps getting cold. I keep moving him, but seriously no will to live.

I’m noticing that 39% of my hatch was snowie, but 86% of my sick bay is snowie. The silvers and fees are very healthy and born strong.

That's weird. Maybe you should check all the white ones for blindness? Wherever you got them from, since you said their was a lower hatch rate in the white ones, plus now eye issues, there could be bad breeding stock where you got them.

I don't know hardly anything about quail, but I would guess the line of birds they use for the white ones has genetic issues. Possibly inbreeding extensively caused it.
I’ve sent another email, this time to the other contact person listed on the site. I’m so disappointed that I currently only have 9 healthy birds for my snowie breeding program, $60 for 9 usable chicks is very pricey.

Someone else recently recommended them, and I went to their site and I really appreciated all the info they give in their descriptions, if I were to order eggs in the future, it would probably be from them.
Would you do shipping or pickup? I am only about an hour from them.. so local pickup for me !

Just saw one of the pearls flopping around in the main brooder, I took him out, red swollen hocks. Legs were turned sideways, looked like the tendons slipped. I culled him since he seemed in pain. He was fine yesterday.

13AC2CB4-5ACF-4262-ABAB-698B6542118C.jpeg
D7C9F57F-7909-4325-8AAA-11BF995BEE55.jpeg

This is probably a incubation temperature related issue. I would set a small batch of eggs to double check your temps.
I have eggs set since Wednesday, but the thermometer/hygrometers independent and internal are still showing steady temps, same as all my previous hatches.

Back
Top Bottom