My Myshire farms snowie hatch

When I went to get him I grabbed another bird based on it not running away. I go to take the pic, no swollen eye, son of a gun another blind white one.
Here’s the swollen eye one:
It looks like the head might be misshapen. It looks indented behind the eye.
View attachment 2384592View attachment 2384593
That looks like a couple of the albinos I hatched. Mine came out of my home grown SSCs.
0525201828b.jpg
0525201818.jpg

I got an albino and a leucistic (blue eyed white?) in the same mixed color from Myshire. The albino had to be culled because of the blindness but also had bulging eyes too. The leucy is still doing well but she has very thin legs, naturally long, brittle nails, and her eggs are buttonquail size. She can see though, not sure how well, but good enough to live this long. Hope you don’t have more of these but it would be interesting if you did, I haven’t heard of these and the site definitely does not advertise them.
Would make a good house pet though. Her thin feathers get awfully filthy outdoors.
56CF3AF9-274A-40E5-9413-F80BEE8E9B0B.jpeg
74428F7A-2362-4FFD-B263-D7B79594702E.jpeg

I got an albino and a leucistic (blue eyed white?) in the same mixed color from Myshire. The albino had to be culled because of the blindness but also had bulging eyes too. The leucy is still doing well but she has very thin legs, naturally long, brittle nails, and her eggs are buttonquail size. She can see though, not sure how well, but good enough to live this long. Hope you don’t have more of these but it would be interesting if you did, I haven’t heard of these and the site definitely does not advertise them.
Would make a good house pet though. Her thin feathers get awfully filthy outdoors.
View attachment 2384771View attachment 2384772
Her eyes are lovely.

I’ve sent another email, this time to the other contact person listed on the site. I’m so disappointed that I currently only have 9 healthy birds for my snowie breeding program, $60 for 9 usable chicks is very pricey.
Agree!! Thats VERRYY pricey for quail, saying I could get 12 new chicks chhickens for that price! I got 8 quail for $80, $10 a teenager. I got them from southwest gamebirds, located in tonopah AZ, very good service, but pricey.

Agree!! Thats VERRYY pricey for quail, saying I could get 12 new chicks chhickens for that price! I got 8 quail for $80, $10 a teenager. I got them from southwest gamebirds, located in tonopah AZ, very good service, but pricey.
Someone else recently recommended them, and I went to their site and I really appreciated all the info they give in their descriptions, if I were to order eggs in the future, it would probably be from them.

Someone else recently recommended them, and I went to their site and I really appreciated all the info they give in their descriptions, if I were to order eggs in the future, it would probably be from them.
Would you do shipping or pickup? I am only about an hour from them.. so local pickup for me !

Just saw one of the pearls flopping around in the main brooder, I took him out, red swollen hocks. Legs were turned sideways, looked like the tendons slipped. I culled him since he seemed in pain. He was fine yesterday.

13AC2CB4-5ACF-4262-ABAB-698B6542118C.jpeg
D7C9F57F-7909-4325-8AAA-11BF995BEE55.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom