My name is melissa and i have a problem...

Christy here. One year and counting on this painful addiction. I am now facing a move and informed my husband to make SURE there is a town close to the base where we I can have my chickens. Over a year away and I am currently planning HOW I am going to move all of them. He asked if I would divorce him if we had to go where I couldn't have chickens. I wouldn't EVER, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him. Shhhhhh......

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Susan, and I have a chicken addiction.. as well as a BYC addiction.

To top it off, I have a broody hen sitting on dud eggs, they should have hatched yesterday. I candled them a while ago, and no they are duds. I just saw where someone else asked how to break a broody. The answer was, "go buy some chicks and let her raise them!" YIKES! why did I have to see that?????

Hi, my name is Monique. I'm very sick. One year ago I bought 4 little baby chicks at feed store and discoverd this site. Then I bought 4 more. And then 4 more. And then I bought a farm in the country for them. And then I bought many more. Now I have 60 with more hatching every day. I've also bought ducks and peacocks and goats.

Someone help me please.

Soo you all make this chicken thing sound like a problem. Does that mean I need to get rid of my Chicken ring tone? I think not . My chickens have told me a number if times that all this is perfectly normal and that more chickens are always better, In other words there is absolutely no possible way to OD on chickens no matter how many you have. There is a problem with becoming chicken depressed if the numbers should drop too low. I shudder to think of that. If at some time in the future This chicken paradise is actually considered a problem or addiction (shuddering again) I suppose I could agree to a twelve step program as long as it takes 90 to 95 years to work through those twelve steps. Don't want to rush things. Always remember that the road to hell is paved with good intentions But the golden paved road to Heaven is lined with healthy chattering chickens. Hello my name is Karl and I don't have a chicken problem.... Yet. Now were is that spell check.

Quote:
I did one better on a generic chicken ringtone!!!
smile.png
I did a video clip of my roo crowing and use it.
smile.png
I get some VERY odd looks in public.
smile.png
Was ordering at a restaurant once and my purse started crowing....the guy kept saying "do you hear a rooster? I think I hear a rooster......"

Hi, my name is Tori, and I'm addicted to fuzzybutts.
tongue.png

We started out in Spring 2006 with an 8x8' coop for 10 hens that would lay eggs just for us. That's how it starts...

2 years later, I am now called the Crazy Chicken Lady of Sterling, and the people at the feed store know to ask me if I need shavings when I walk in the door.
lol.png
I have over 200 birds (yes, my husband is a saint) of various persuasions... ducks (4 breeds), turkeys (1 breed, but looking for heritage breeds next year), 90 chickens (honestly, I don't know how many breeds) and getting ready to put another dozen or two in the incubator for (so I say) the last hatch of the season, 3 breeds of quail, chukar partridges brooding on the diningroom table... plus 3 dogs, 5 rabbits, 2 grade-school aged boys... and did I mention the saint that is my husband?
love.gif
I work from home, so I can take a break every hour to check on everyone. I have 5 incubators/hatchers (only one is on right now), 4 brooders on the diningroom table, two in the garage, and a soon-to-be good client pressuring me to raise pheasants, too... enabler that he is!
lol.png
Oh, and did I mention my husband? He also raises worms.
big_smile.png
There's probably 8-10 pounds of worms in bins in the garage.

Is there a vaccine for this? I really need help. Seriously... OK... maybe not help. Just a nap would do.
smile.png

If you DON'T want any more birds, DON'T talk to me...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom