My name is "Poohbear

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Poohbear, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    I am an older gentleman, happily married for 49 years to the same little lady. She was 15 and I was 17. Of course I was in the military and fresh out of highschool at the time. My passion is raising healthy chickens and now that I am retired that's just about all I do except for odds and ends around the place. i can't leave out other type of feathered friends either but chickens seems to be all I've raised so far and I enjoy ALMOST every minute in the chicken yard with them. Very relaxing to watch these beautiful fowl and their babies. I get VERY attached to them.I have one hen that I have had for sixteen years and she is still active (not laying or breeding) and running in the chicken yard. She is ALSO retired:) I eat KFC chicken but not my chickens. I do LOVE my fresh eggs and share with neighbors and friends when I have extras. I should SELL them with the price of eggs but it's fun to take eggs to those that enjoy them. I just found this site today and just found this forum a few minutes ago. I really enjoy reading here but type with two fingers so I'll be doing more reading than typing,lol.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG]

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great to have you here!

Retired with chickens... what a wonderful life!

4. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Welcome aboard! [​IMG]

I too do alot more reading than writing...Im probably on here more than I should be...hehe.

Its my addiction [​IMG]

5. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    [​IMG]

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Welcome Poohbear. As my name implies, I too have climb over life's mountain. I found this site last May and have enjoy it immensely. I've learned alot, shared some, and meet some really nice people. I know you will look forward to logging on to read the latest or share a moment. Congratulations on the long successful marriage as well.

7. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    [​IMG]

It's a great place to be addicted to. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

susan

8. 1Speckled Hen w/Chicks

1Speckled Hen w/Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    NC
    Welcome PoohBear!
    Nice to have on here!

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome [​IMG]

10. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

aww you sound like a nice guy! welcome to BYC! its just as addictive as chickens! i really hope to see you around! where are you from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by