My namesake...

cockAdoodleDUEL

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2015
Tuttle, Oklahoma
These two fine fellas have recently found their voices. I'm on the fence about which one to re-home. The difficulty for me is thay they are both gorgeous and iridescent. Its worth mentioning that they are both tremendous singers. Both seem to really be taken with themselves maybe even more than they are with "the ladies". Can anyone tell me what they are and possibly provide culling advice?

Not having seen your birds, I would recommend keeping the more gentle of the two cockerels as you don't want your cockerel to risk injuring someone, nor do you want to breed aggression into your flock. Beyond the temperament issue, I will need to see photos to recommend which one to re-home.

[/IMG]

Technology is amazing, but maddening!

The biggest difference I can see between them is the feet color. The one with dark feet seems to be the boss. He crows first and loudest. Honestly my gut says he will be the more aggressive of the 2, but neither bird has bothered me or my 7 year old.

Technology is amazing, but maddening!

The biggest difference I can see between them is the feet color. The one with dark feet seems to be the boss. He crows first and loudest. Honestly my gut says he will be the more aggressive of the 2, but neither bird has bothered me or my 7 year old.
I don't see any physical characteristics that would make me choose one over the other so I would suggest going with your gut on this one and keeping the bird in the bottom pic.

I was SOOOO wrong! I actually ended up with 4 roosters and 2 hens. We did some basic subtraction and grilling. Now we have 1 rooster and 2 much happier, calmer hens. Not to mention the 18 hour-a-day crowing has stopped.

Back
Top Bottom